Entries are been submitted for the GEI Fellowship Programme for German and Foreign Applicants,all applications will be on submission till October 1, 2017.
The Georg Eckert Institute Library is an unparalleled resource for international textbook research, as is demonstrated by the continuously high demand among researchers from Germany and abroad for the research facilities it provides.
Level: research program
Field(s): fellowships are awarded to conduct research projects or to finish major publications without teaching or administrative obligations. The fellowship aims to promote education for sustainable peace with a particular focus on educational media and curricula at the secondary school level in post-conflict or transitional societies.
- A monthly stipend of up to 6,500 euro for a three- to six-month research stay in Braunschweig,
- Round-trip economy airfare to Germany, and
- Administrative support provided by the program coordinators.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Funded By: Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research (GEI), Germany
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): GEI Fellowship Programme is targeted for both german and foreign nationality students.
To be eligible for the GEI Fellowship Programme , the applicant must have:-
‣ Distinguished scholars from the humanities, political and social sciences, education sciences or law who hold a Ph.D. and have excellent knowledge of English may apply. Applicants must demonstrate outstanding academic or professional achievement in their fields.
‣ Individuals with extensive high-level international experience in government or non-governmental organizations or in international organizations may also apply.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The application must include:
A COVER LETTER
The cover letter (max. 2 pages) should provide evidence of the quality of the candidate’s scholarship and expertise.
A DESCRIPTION OF THE CANDIDATE’S RESEARCH/BOOK PROJECT
The application documents should further contain a description of the research project or book the candidate wishes to work on during the Professorship. Candidates should clearly state the objectives of their research, outline its methodology and describe the significance of their research for the field of education for sustainable peace as well as the intended results of the project. The project description should further contain a rough timetable for the duration of the candidate’s research stay as well as a detailed strategy for the dissemination of its findings to its key target groups, which might include academia, policymakers or the general public. Finally, candidates should submit a brief abstract for the Symposium they envisage holding. (max. 5 pages)
A CV AND SAMPLE OF THE CANDIDATE’S WRITING
Candidates should also submit a full curriculum vitae, including a list of publications. If the majority of the candidate’s publications are not in English, please provide a translation of the titles. The application documents should further contain a sample of the applicant’s current scholarly writing; this could be a book chapter or an artic
‣ A selection committee, which includes the advisory board of the program, will meet in early 2017 to select the successful candidate. The principal criteria for the committee’s decision will be the candidates’ academic reputation and the quality of the project or book they intend to work on during their sabbatical in Germany. Candidates are responsible for obtaining a passport and any visa that might be required as well as for arranging healthcare insurance for the duration of their stay in Germany.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline: October 1, 2017.