SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are been accepted for the Senior Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine for Developing Countries ,and all submission must be completed before the 17th day of August 2017.
This Senior Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine scheme supports outstanding researchers from low- and middle-income countries to establish themselves as leading investigators at an academic institution in a low- and middle-income country location.
Level: Fellowships (are awarded for pursuing a research program at an academic institution in a low- and middle-income country.)
Field(s): Research should be aimed at understanding and improving public health and diseases of local, national and global relevance. Topics include: demographic, social science and health economic studies ; epidemiological, field and community based studies ; health care systems and policy research; measurement of infectious and chronic disease burden ; population studies ; clinical trials and case control studies; studies of disease mechanisms in the natural host; determinants of disease susceptibility and resistance;’ immunity or resistance in natural hosts or vectors.
School(Institutions/ Country): | low- and middle-income country
Funded By: Wellcome Trust, UK
Deadline: 31 August 2017 ( August 2017 round ).
Eligible countries:Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., and Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible for the Senior Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine
The trust will consider applications that fall within the Public Health and Tropical Medicine remit. ‣ This Senior Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine covers research on infectious and non-communicable diseases within the fields of public health and tropical medicine that is aimed at understanding and controlling diseases (either human or animal) of relevance to local, national or global health.
- This can include laboratory based molecular analysis of field or clinical samples, but projects focused solely on studies in vitro or using animal models will not normally be considered under this scheme.
- Applicants must be a national or a legal resident of a low- and middle-income country, and be either a graduate in a subject relevant to public health or tropical medicine (for example; biomedical or social science, veterinary medicine, physics, chemistry or mathematics) with a PhD and at least five years’ postdoctoral experience, or medical graduate with a higher qualification equivalent to membership of the UK Royal College of Physicians (i.e. qualified to enter higher specialist training), or be recognized as a specialist within a relevant research area, and have at least five years’ research experience.
- Applicants who do not have a PhD but who are educated to first degree or Master’s level and have substantial research experience, as evidenced by their publication record, may be considered.
- You should have a substantial record of publications in your chosen area of research in leading international journals.
- Applications are particularly encouraged from outstanding low- and middle-income country researchers working overseas who wish to return to their home country.
Scholarship Application Method
You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
Stages of application
- Submit your full applicationYou must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker(opens in a new tab).View a sample full application form for Master’s Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine [PDF 2.3MB].We may take up to three to four months to consider your full application.
- ShortlistingThe Public Health and Tropical Medicine Interview Committee will shortlist applications.
- Review by interview committeeThe Public Health and Tropical Medicine Interview Committee will review your application and make the final decision. There are no interviews for these fellowships. If successful, you must take up the fellowship within one year of the award.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: 31 August 2017 ( August 2017 round ).