Applications are currrently been accepted for the 2018/2019 Edinburgh Law School/Binks Trust LLM Scholarship For Developing Countries, eligible persons are by this notiice invited to apply right away.
Value of Award: Each scholarship is worth up to £5,000 and is payable into the student’s university fees account upon matriculation.
Eligible Countries: The scholarship particularly welcomes applications from: Angola,Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Dem Rep), Djibouti, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, The, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea (Dem Rep), Kyrgyzstan, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Philippines, Rwanda, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Thailand, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen (Rep), Zambia and Zimbabwe.
To Be Taken At (Country): Scotland, UK
- These scholarships are open to anyone (subject to the criteria below) who receives a place for the LLM in Human Rights and commences this programme in September 2018.
- Should lack of residency be due to refugee status, that condition will be waived if official evidence of refugee status is presented along with the application.
- This scholarship is designed to advantage those applicants who would otherwise be unable to take up a place to study at Edinburgh, and therefore applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds will be prioritised.
How to Apply:
- All applicants for this Scholarship must have applied for the LLM in Human Rights and only applicants holding a place for this programme and meeting the criteria will be considered eligible. Your application to the LLM in Human Rights will be appended to your application for scholarship and therefore your scholarship form must contain unique and pertinent information not otherwise included in the programme application.
- In your application for admission to the LLM in Human Rights programme, you must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community and a clear plan for how the degree will enable you to extend this work. Please use the personal statement within the programme application for this purpose. Please do not replicate this information on your scholarship form.
- To apply please complete the Postgraduate Scholarship Application Form and return to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: 7th February 2018 5pm (GMT)
Important Notes: Edinburgh Law School will receive all applications, manage the selection process and identify the preferred recipient of the award. All awards are made on the basis of academic excellence. These awards are normally only available to students who have no alternate source of funding.