Czech Republic Scholarships 2019
The Government of Czech Republic in her commitment to promoting education is delighted to call for applications for the 2019-2020 Czech Republic Government Scholarships for Foreign Students and submission of applications will continue till 30 Sept. All foreign students are hereby encouraged to grasp the opportunity and make the best of it.
czech republic government scholarships for developing countries 2019
The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the Czech Republic (hereafter referred to as the “Ministry”) annually offers fully funded scholarships to developing countries, pursuant to bilateral intergovernmental or departmental agreements concluded with a number of countries.
Its length usually ranges from 2 to 10 months depending upon the agreement made by the Czech government and the foreign government concerned that specifies also the categories of eligible recipients.
Czech Republic Government Scholarships holders may be admitted for research visits (i.e. either attending non-degree courses of their choice, or pursuing an independent research activity, depending on their qualifications and preferences), or for study visits, when they enroll in a standard study programme for the period of scholarship specified in the appropriate intergovernmental/departmental agreement.
Since the courses they follow in the Czech Republic do not lead to the award of a degree, the universities concerned usually do not require them to sit entrance examinations.
What You Need To Know About Czech Republic Government Scholarships
Level/Field of Study
One of the things that have denied many people scholarships is the fact that most of them apply for a scholarship without finding out some criterion for the awarding of the scholarship.
Field of study and level is one of the things that differentiates scholarship opportunities most scholarship opportunities are specifically meant for a particular field of study.
Czech Republic Government Scholarships of this type are designed for university/college students or graduates and Ph.D. candidates (exceptionally also for university researchers/teachers) who wish to accomplish a study or research stay at one of the Czech public institutions of higher education.
From our descriptions above it is obviously expose that this scholarship is to be taken in Czech Republic.
Now, this parts has always been misunderstood. Many people think that this scholarship is limited to only students from the Czech Republic but that is not actually the fact.
For the information and the benefit of the person reading this. This opportunity is open to not just the Czech Republic citizens but to other students coming from around the world especially developing countries.
Eligible Countries: The students from the following developing countries are eligible: Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bisau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Angola, Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, FYR, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Tunisia, Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro and Uruguay
These Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study plus a one-year preparatory course of the Czech language(which is combined with other field-specific training).
Its length usually ranges from 2 to 10 months depending upon the agreement made by the Czech government and the foreign government concerned that specifies also the categories of eligible recipients. All applicants should indicate the preferred period of scholarship in their application form.
The Ministry reserves the right to change the requested term of scholarship and/or place any applicant to a course and/or higher education institution different from those indicated in his/her scholarship application form, if admission, as requested by the applicant, is not feasible.
Czech Republic Government Scholarships Benefits
- The scholarship covers the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the Czech Republic. The scholarship amount is regularly amended.
- Currently, the amount paid to students on a Bachelor’s, Master’s or follow-up Master’s study programme stands at CZK 14,000 per month
- Whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study programme stands at CZK 15,000 per month.
The above scholarship amounts include an amount designated for the payment of accommodation costs. Costs of accommodation, food, and public transport are covered by scholarship holders from the scholarship under the same conditions that apply to students who are citizens of the Czech Republic. Should health services exceeding standard care be required by the student, s/he shall cover them at his/her own cost.
Czech Republic Government Scholarships Eligibility
- The scholarships are intended solely to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a member state of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic may, therefore, be granted this type of scholarship. Furthermore, the scholarships may not be granted to persons under 18 years of age. (The applicants have to turn 18 as of 1 September of the year when they commence studies in the Czech Republic at the latest.)
- In Bachelor/ Master/ Doctoral Study Programmes plus one-year Preparatory Course of the English language (Which is combined with other field-specific training): Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from upper secondary schools, or Bachelor’s / Master’s degree courses, as applicable, Who can Enroll only in Study Programmes in which instruction is given in the English language. Depending on the subject area, Applicants are normally required to sit entrance Examinations at the higher education institution Concerned. Successful passing of Entrance examination constitutes a precondition for the scholarship award; or
- In follow-up study Programmes Master or Doctoral Study Programmes: Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor or Master Study Programmes, respectively, Enroll in the WHO study Programmes with instruction in the English language.
In addition, the Scholarship Review Board will take into consideration applicants’ results from their earlier studies. Priority will be given to students who have not previously had the opportunity to study abroad.
Notification for Czech Republic Government Scholarships
‣ The scholarship award is notified by a Decision issued by the Ministry. There is no legal claim to the scholarship award. The scholarship is not transferable to another person.
Scholarship Application Method
How to Apply: All applicants shall fill in the electronic application form available on the website and successfully register (i.e., obtain an application identification number by sending a completed application form to the pertinent authority electronically). The applicant shall send the completed application form to the Mission in electronic form, i.e., by completing online registration.
Visit scholarship webpage for details
Scholarship Deadline:30th September
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Commonwealth Government Scholarships for Masters & PhD At University of Newcastle In Australia 2019/2020
- Austrian Government OeAD Ernst Mach Grants for Developing Countries 2019
- Top 10 CSC Scholarships for Non-Chinese Students
- Danish Government Cultural Agreement Scholarships for International Students 2019/2020
- Hewlett-Packard (HP) Start2Grow Graduate Program 2019 for Young Graduates.
- Top USA Government Scholarships for National And International Students 2019 [UPDATED]
- UNESCO/IUPAC International Students Postgraduate Scholarship for 2019 – Czech
- 10 World Scholarship Forum Scholarships For Zambia Students
- PhD Positions in Masaryk University Department of Computer Science, Czech Republic, 2019
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
The Government of Czech Republic in her commitment to promoting education is delighted to call for applications for the 2019-2020 Czech Republic Government Scholarships for Foreign Students.