Canadian students are been invited to apply for the 2018-2019 Autism Scholars Awards for Canadian Students, only eligible applicants will be considered for this program
The community of autism scholars fostered by this Awards Program will excel, according to internationally accepted standards of scientific excellence, in the creation of new knowledge concerning child autism, and its translation into improved health for children, more effective services and products for children with autism, and increase the province’s capacity in diagnosis and assessment of autism and a strengthened treatment system.
Level: Master and Doctoral Degree Program
Field(s): all subjects
Scholarship covers: -Master’s Awards value $18,000 and Doctoral Awards value$20,000.
|– During the one year period commencing September 2018, master’s award recipients will receive $6,000 per term, for each of the three terms in which they are registered full-time in a master’s program in an Ontario university, as long as they do not exceed the sixth term of their master’s study. Payments will be made by the university through its customary procedures and on its customary schedule (typically equal monthly payments during the term). -During the one year period commencing September 2015, doctoral award recipients will receive $6,666 per term, for each of the three terms in which they are registered full-time in a doctoral program in an Ontario university, as long as they do not exceed the fifteenth term of their doctoral study. Payments will be made by the university through its customary procedures and on its customary schedule (typically equal monthly payments during the term).|
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Autism Scholars Awards are targeted for Canadian students.
To be eligible for Autism Scholars Awards , candidates must meet the following criteria:
- All applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada as of the application deadline date (January 30, 2017).
- All applicants must be sponsored and endorsed by the Dean of Graduate Studies at the Ontario University at which they are undertaking graduate study.
- To be eligible for a Master’s Award, applicants must be registered full-time in a Master’s or Doctoral graduate program at an Ontario university at the time of taking up the award (i.e., the fall term of 2018-19), and must remain registered full-time in that master’s program throughout the term of the award.
- Master’s students remain eligible to the end of their sixth term of full-time study.
- To be eligible for a Doctoral Award, applicants must be registered full-time in a Doctoral graduate program at an Ontario university at the time of taking up the award (i.e., the fall term of 2017-18), and
- must remain registered full-time throughout the term of the award. Doctoral students remain eligible to the end of their fifteenth term of full-time study.
- Holders of Autism Scholars Awards are precluded from holding any other major award during the term of this award.
Selection Criteria for Autism Scholars Awards
‣ Applicants for Master’s and Doctoral Awards will be assessed on their talent, the excellence of their work, the vision that they bring to their endeavors, and the impact that they foresee resulting from their work, as measured by: The program of study and research and its potential contribution to the advancement of knowledge about autism;
- Past academic results, demonstrated by transcripts, awards and distinctions;
- Relevant professional and academic experience, including research training, as evidenced by papers presented at conferences and the candidate’s publication record;
- Written letters of appraisal; and
- Appropriateness of the choice of institution and supervising investigator
Scholarship Application Method
Application forms are available at http://cou.on.ca/about/awards/autism-scholars/, or from the offices of the Deans of Graduate Studies in Ontario universities. A complete application requires:
- an application form completed by the applicant;
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae, which should include information regarding the eligibility criteria;
- a statement of no more than 1,000 words describing the research to be undertaken during the period of graduate study, and a non-technical summary of no more than 500 words, both written by the applicant;
- the applicant’s undergraduate and graduate transcripts, which may be either official transcripts sent directly by the Registrar’s office of the issuing university, or
- copies verified and certified as accurate by the Registrar’s office of the Ontario university where the applicant is currently registered as a student;
- confidential letters from two assessors, which should focus on an evaluation of the applicant’s research to date, and the research being undertaken during the period of graduate study for which the applicant will hold an Autism Scholars Award, if successful.
The applicant must ask each assessor to transmit the appraisal electronically. It should not be sent to the applicant, but directly to the Dean of Graduate Studies at the sponsoring university (i.e., the university at which the applicant will be a graduate student during the period of study supported by the award if the application is successful). The deadline for receipt of the appraisals by the Dean is December 1, 2017.
By the same date, the applicant must submit the remaining parts of the application package electronically to the Dean. It is the sponsoring Dean’s responsibility to submit the complete application package, which should be sent electronically toExecDirectorQA@cou.on.ca by January 31, 2018. The sponsoring Dean is also required to certify, in writing, the applicant’s eligibility, and to indicate which term of their master’s or doctoral program the applicant will be in at the commencement of the award.
By January 31, 2018, the complete application package is to be forwarded by the Dean of Graduate Studies of the sponsoring university to: Dr. Brian Timney
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 416-979-2165 ext. 235 The Selection Committee:
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.