SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Entries are been accepted from scholars from developing countries for the 2018/2019 Arturo Falaschi Fellowship for Scientists in Developing Countries, all applicants are reminded to ensure that they comply to the later with the criteria for this program.
About Arturo Falashi Award:
Fellowships include participation in a competitive research programme, access to state-of-the-art facilities, participation in ICGEB Meetings, Seminars and Journal Clubs. A competitive stipend, travel provision plus full coverage of tuition fees and health insurance. Additional benefits for postdocs.
Value of Fellowship:
The Fellowships consist of a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and additional benefits. The most successful fellows will also be eligible, upon completion, to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to support their own research programmes as young PIs upon return to an ICGEB Member State.
Developing Countries. See List below.
To be taken at (country):
Trieste, New Delhi or Cape Town.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, FYR Macedonia, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Venezuela and Vietnam
How to Apply:
To apply, Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
- Closing date for applications for PhDs: 31st March 2018
- Closing dates for applications for Postdocs: 31st March and 30th September 2018
Important Notes: ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.