ICGEB offers competitive Postdoctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue postdoctoral research in a world-class scientific environment. The Fellowships comprise a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance, and additional benefits.
Arturo Falaschi Fellowship for Scientists in Developing Countries
About Arturo Falashi Award:
Fellowships include participation in a competitive research programme, access to state-of-the-art facilities, participation in ICGEB Meetings, Seminars and Journal Clubs. A competitive stipend, travel provision plus full coverage of tuition fees and health insurance. Additional benefits for postdocs.
Value of Fellowship:
The Fellowships consist of a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and additional benefits. The most successful fellows will also be eligible, upon completion, to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to support their own research programmes as young PIs upon return to an ICGEB Member State.
Developing Countries. See List below.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, FYR Macedonia, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Venezuela and Vietnam
To be taken at (country):
Trieste, New Delhi or Cape Town.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
How to Apply for Arturo Falaschi Fellowship for Scientists:
To apply, applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine the availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
- Trieste, Italy: 1 October 2020 / 1 February 2021
- New Delhi, India: 1 October 2020 / 1 February 2021
- Cape Town, South Africa: 1 October 2020 / 1 February 2021
Important Notes: ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the program.