SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are currently been accepted for the Africa London Nagasaki Scholarship Fund for Africans and submission of applications will continue till 01 September 2017. The ALN scholarship fund is a source of support for African scientists wishing to undertake a Master’s degree related to the control of infectious diseases in Africa. Eligibility criteria is a note worthy information.
- The ALN scholarship fund supports African scientists wishing to undertake a Master’s degree related to the control of infectious diseases in Africa.
- The scholarship funds a candidate to undertake an MSc in a subject relevant to the control of infectious disease in Africa at either the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan or at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), London, UK.
- Both residential and distance learning MSc courses are available at LSHTM. Candidates offered a course at the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki will be required to reside in Japan for the duration of the course.
- Candidates applying for an Africa London Nagasaki (ALN) MSc scholarship must meet the following criteria.
Candidates applying for a Scholarship at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine must:
- Be of African nationality and normally be resident in sub-Saharan Africa, be fluent in English.
- If the applicant’s first language is not English or if the studies at university have not been conducted wholly in the medium of English candidates must take and pass one of the approved internet-based tests (IELTS, TOEFL or a Pearson Test of English).
- The standard of English needed to pass the tests is high and is in line with the level of English required by the UK Border Authority in order to issue a student visa.
- Have a first or upper second class BSc degree or equivalent from an established university in a relevant area of science (a medical degree is not essential).
-Usually have had at least two years’ prior research experience in an area relevant to the study of infectious diseases.
- Have the support of the head of their institution for undertaking their chosen course.
Candidates applying for a Scholarship at the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagaski must:
- Be of African nationality and normally be resident in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Be fluent in English.
- Have obtained an MB ChB or equivalent medical qualification from a recognized university.
- Have had at least two years of clinical experience following graduation, have the support of the head of their institution for undertaking their chosen course.
Scholarship Application Method
Apply via online
Application process overview
To apply for an Africa London Nagasaki (ALN) Scholarship please follow these steps by the deadline dates.
Step 1 – Select the course
Step 2 – Check eligibility
Ensure you are eligible for the MSc course and ALN Scholarship. Please note NEKKEN applicants must have a medical qualification.
Step 3 – Register with ALN
Register to create an account with ALN. You must have an account before you can apply.
Step 4 – Apply to ALN
Log in and click ‘Start application’ in the header. Complete and submit the application form by Friday 30th September 2017. No supporting documentation is required at this stage.
Step 5 – Candidates are selected
Applications will be considered by a selection committee and four candidates will be offered Scholarships by end February 2018.
Step 6 – Apply for MSc
Successful candidates to apply for the MSc course at the specified university by 31 March 2018.
Step 7 – Start MSc course
Scholarship awardees that are given a place at university start their MSc course in September 2018 at LSHTM and October 2018 at NEKKEN.