SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Applications are currently been invited for the 2017,Tomorrow’s Peace builders Awards, applicants are to ensure that the meet with the eligibility criteria to avoid disqualification.
About the Award: Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders awards are the global awards for local peacebuilding run by Peace Direct. Awarded annually, they offer international recognition for grassroots peace activists in conflict-affected countries worldwide. These are inspiring individuals who are building a better tomorrow for their communities, in the world’s most fragile and needy places.
This year’s awards are being run in association with Alliance for Peacebuilding. Entrants will need to show how they are making communities more peaceful, or breaking the cycle of violence. A jury of international peacebuilding experts will select the winning entries.
One prize is available in each of the three categories below:
- Women-led Peacebuilding
- Youth-led Peacebuilding
- Inter-Religious Peacebuilding
Application Deadline: 6th September 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All
Offered Since: 2013
Eligibility: These are global awards. There is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, you must:
- Undertake peacebuilding work – your organisation is either a peacebuilding organisation or has peacebuilding as a substantial element of your work.
- Be locally based – your organisation must be based in the country or communities where your work will be done. If your organisation operates in multiple countries, you are not eligible to enter. (Note cross-border projects are eligible.)
- Be an independent organisation, not an in-country or satellite organisation of an international NGO.
- Be working, or planning to work, in at least one of the following thematic areas: women-led peacebuilding; youth-led peacebuilding; or inter-religious peacebuilding.
Selection Process: Peacebuilders strongly recommends applying as early as possible. Peacebuilders will review applications as they are submitted to ensure they are complete and correct, therefore early applications enjoy this advantage and a greater chance of success.
Number of Awardees: 3 organisations
Value of Award: The winners receive global publicity and cash prizes. They are chosen by an international panel of experts including distinguished practitioners, political figures and media. Each winning entry will receive:
· $10,000 prize funding for peacebuilding activities.
· Promotion of their work online, including on the Insight on Conflict and Peace Direct websites and newsletters
How to Apply: In order to enter, please download and return the application form(See in Award Webpage link below). We prefer to receive applications completed in English. If you are not comfortable writing your answers in English, we encourage you to have a friend or colleague translate your application into English prior to submission. If these options are not possible, we will accept applications in French or Spanish.
Send completed applications to the email (See in Award Webpage link below).
Please ensure the total size of email attachments does not exceed 5 MB. Emails larger than 5 MB may be rejected by our email system.
Award Provider: Peace Direct