The South African Medical Research Council is happy to call for applications for the of Postdoctoral Fellowship for South African applicants. The fellowship is available to conduct research in the field of health. The purpose of this scholarship is to promote equity, career development and progression.
The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) was established in 1969 with a mandate to improve the health of the country’s population, through research, development and technology transfer, so that people can enjoy a better quality of life.
Course Level: The fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: The fellowship is awarded in the field of health research.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the following:
- The value of the fellowship is R350, 000 per annum, for two or three years depending on the availability of funds.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the fellowship:
- A doctoral degree (in vaccinology, child health, international health, global health, public health, or related discipline) obtained within the last five years.
Nationality: South African applicants can apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a doctoral degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via post or email.
- A covering letter indicating why the applicant may be appropriate for the award
- A curriculum vitae
- A certified copy of ID book or passport
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Applicants should email recruitment-at-mrc.ac.za.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.