2017 White House Internship Program
The President of USA, the first lady and the staff offer White-House Internship Program for Summer 2017. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Field(s): Program provides valuable professional experience and build leadership skills.
Deadline:on or before March 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (EST). for Fall 2017.
Funded By: USA Government
|Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2017 White House Internship Program is tareted for U.S. citizens|
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The internship period will be from Sep6 , 2017 to Dec 16, 2017.
‣ Scholarship covers: N/A
‣ The President, First Lady, and staff are committed to providing young leaders from all
across the nation an opportunity to develop their leadership skills and gain exposure to the public service sector through the White House Internship Program.
‣ This program was developed to provide hands-on experience and cultivate such skills.
‣ In addition to the 2016 White-House Internship Program being available to young leaders who are at least 18 years old, the D.C.
‣ Scholars Program is a part-time internship opportunity for young leaders in public and charter high schools within the District of Columbia.
‣ The 2016 White House Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills.
‣ This hands-on program is designed to mentor and cultivate today’s young leaders, strengthen their understanding of the Executive Office and prepare them for future public service opportunities.
Have what it takes to avail 2016 White House Internship Program ?
‣ Applicants must be U.S. citizens,
‣ 18 years of age on or before the first day of the internship, and
‣ meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution) ;
- Graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution) no more than two years before the first day of the internship ;
- A veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty, for any length of time, in the two years preceding the first day of the internship
Eligibility Criteria for 2016 White House Internship
‣ Selection as a White House Intern is based on the following criteria:
- A commitment to public service;
- Demonstrated leadership in the community;
- A commitment to the mission of the Obama Administration;
- The selection process is highly competitive.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit a thorough application that illustrates qualifications, character, and commitment to public service.
- A completed application includes two essay questions, two letters of recommendation, and a resume.
‣ Begins the week of May 23, 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
Additional Instruction to Apply
The application must be completed in one sitting, as applications cannot be saved and returned to at a later date. Before starting your application, please ensure you have two recommendations prepared in PDF format, as they must be uploaded during the application process. The White House Internship Program cannot recommend who should write a letter of recommendation on your behalf. However, we encourage you to find individuals who can illustrate your qualifications, character, and commitment to public service. Your recommendation letters should not exceed one page in length each and must be addressed to the White House Internship Reviewing Committee. Applicants must also upload a current resume during the application process.
As part of the application process, applicants may select the White House departments that interest them. Selections are used as a reference for the White House Internship Program review team, and do not guarantee placement. Visit https://www.whitehouse.gov/participate/internships/departments to learn more about the Presidential Department descriptions.
Incomplete applications or applications submitted after March 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (EST) will not be reviewed for the Summer 2017 term.
‣ All application materials must be submitted online https://www.avuedigitalservices.com/casting/aiportal/control/mainmenu?portal=WHIP&agency=WHIP ) .
‣ A completed packet includes:
Two Essays: Each answer should be between 300-500 words in length;
Current Resume: Your resume should not exceed one page;
Two Letters of Recommendation
‣ Internship Applications are due on March 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (EST)
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a White House Internship a paid position?
White House Internships are unpaid positions. Applicants are encouraged to contact educational institutions and other non-profit organizations to apply for assistance as needed. Any outside income, funding, or housing assistance received as a White House intern must receive pre-approval.
What are the hours of the White House Internship?
The Summer 2017 White House Internship Program term runs from May 30th to August 11th, 2017. Applicants should expect to work at least Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. for the duration of the term.
Some exceptions will be made for applicants with class or program requirements, but interns must work 4.5 days a week in order to be considered full-time interns. For example, an intern may leave at 1:00 p.m. or later one day per week, if appropriate. If you require a schedule accommodation of this kind, please mention this if and when you receive an interview.
Is specific White House intern housing available?
No. Applicants must arrange for their own housing.
Is political preference a deciding factor in the application review process?
No. It is essential, however, that applicants are dedicated to the ideals and mission of the White House.
Can I mail a hard copy of my application?
No. We cannot accept hard copies of applications. Only applications submitted via our application portal will be reviewed.
Will I be penalized if my recommendation is sent in late?
Yes. All application materials, including letters of recommendation, must be submitted on or before the corresponding application deadline.
– See more at: http://www.scholarshipsbar.com/2016-white-house-internship-program.html#sthash.2DhKkW87.dpuf