SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Vision Forward Association Foundation is pleased to call for applications from qualified and eligible candidates for two scholarships named as Vision Forward Association Scholarship and Arthur L. Ebert Endowed Scholarship. This scholarship is primarily for the blind and people with visual problems and the actual focus of Vision Forward Association is to Empower, educate, and support and enhance the lives of individuals impacted by vision loss through all of life’s transitions. To qualify for scholarships the applicant must be visually impaired, legally blind, totally blind or multi-disabled. Scholarship range is $500 to $3,000 depending on the number of applicants. Eligibility criteria is also a noteworthy information for all applicants.
Vision Forward provides a continuum of services, from birth through adulthood, to people with visual impairments, helping them achieve important developmental milestones as well as educational, personal and professional goals. All programs and services are provided regardless of a person’s or family’s ability to pay.
- Eligibility for Vision Forward Association Scholarship: Blind and visually impaired students in Wisconsin, with a preference to those living in Southeastern Wisconsin.
- Eligibility for Arthur L. Ebert Endowed Scholarship: The applicant must be visually impaired, legally blind, totally blind or multi-disabled.
How to Apply:
- To apply for these scholarships, the applicant can download the application through the given link: http://vision-forward.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Scholarship-Application-Final-2017.docx
- All applicants are required to submit an essay, the essay must be a minimum of one, double-spaced page, must use at least an 11 point font and may not exceed two pages in length. You should include the following information in your essay:
- Explanation of your visual impairment
- Your background
- Your academic and extracurricular achievements
- Educational and career goals
- How this scholarship will help you achieve those goals
The applicant must include all required information in order to be considered for a scholarship:
- Personal statement of financial need. In 500 words or less, describe in detail your financial need and how you plan to use the scholarship if it should be awarded to you.
- FAFSA Based on your FAFSA, what is your Family Expected
- Eye report completed by an eye specialist. Previous scholarship winners do not need to submit a new vision report.
- Official transcripts
- Proof of enrollment
- Two letters of recommendation
The applicant must submit all materials to:
Vision Forward Association
Attn: Scholarship Committee
912 North Hawley Road
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53213
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The number and value of the Vision Forward Association Scholarship Awards vary each year, ranging in amounts from $500 to $3,000, depending on the number of applicants and the financial needs presented.
Scholarship money must be used for tuition. All tuition payments will be sent directly to the selected educational institution.
The deadline for the Vision Forward Association Scholarship and the Arthur L. Ebert Scholarship applications for the 2017-2018 year is June 30, 2017.
Link for More Information: