SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Entries are been submitted for the Dart Ochberg Fellowships for International Journalism in USA, and applications submissions continues till Friday September 22, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST.
The Dart Ochberg Fellowships are unique seminar program for senior and mid-career journalists who want to deepen their knowledge of emotional trauma and psychological injury, and improve reporting on violence, conflict and tragedy.
Reporting responsibly and credibly on violence or traumatic events — on street crime and family violence, natural disasters and accidents, war and genocide — is a great challenge.
Since 1999 the Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma, a project of the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, has offered the annual Ochberg Fellowships to outstanding journalists interested in exploring these critical issues.
Level: Fellowship (This fellowship is available to senior and mid-career journalists to attend a week long seminar at Columbia University in New York City)
Field(s): The International fellowship is awarded in emotional trauma and psychological injury, and improves reporting on violence, conflict and tragedy
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Dart Ochberg Fellowships are open to outstanding senior and mid-career journalists (with up to five years experience) working across all media.
- Past Fellows have ranged from small-town and regional general-assignment and crime reporters to war photographers and foreign correspondents for international news organizations.
- Applicants’ work must demonstrate journalistic excellence and a strong track record of covering violence and its impact on individuals, families or communities.
- Fellowships are open to print, broadcast and online reporters, photographers, editors and producers with no fewer than five years’ full-time journalism experience.
- Approximately half of the Fellowship participants are based in North America, with the balance drawn from Central and South America, Europe, the Asia Pacific region, Africa and the Mideast.
- All fellowship seminars are conducted in English. Fellows must be fluent in spoken English to participate in the program.
- Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 Dart Ochberg Fellowships are targeted for Journalists from North America, Central and South America, Europe, the Asia Pacific region, Africa and the Mideast
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants can via Online Application
Deadline: Friday September 22, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST.