SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Hurry and forward your applications for the UN-Habitat climate change Youth Photography Competition, an opportunity to young photographers to visually participate in a contest through representing solutions to climate change in their communities.worthy of note is the eligibility criteria as stated.
Value of Award: The winner of this contest will be sponsored to a fully funded trip to Bonn, Germany where their work will be displayed to gain exposure on a global environmentally conscious platform.
To Be Taken At (Country): Bonn, Germany
Eligible Countries: All
- Candidate has to be the owner of and have rights to the image that they submit. By submitting an image, candidate gives UN-Habitat the right to share your image on social media, display hardcopies at COP-23 as well as on the UN-Habitat website competition gallery.
- Images should be submitted in JPEG or TIFF in high resolution.
- Candidate should clearly explain climate change solutions in candidate’s image. Remember to also include: The neighbourhood, city and country of image captured.
- Candidate must be between 18-35 to qualify as a participant.
- Participants from all over the world are encouraged.
- Participants are allowed one entry in to the competition.
- 20 winning images will be selected and displayed at COP-23 and on social media. One image will be selected as the overall winning piece.
- Winners will be messaged privately before UN-Habitat makes a formal announcement.
- Should the overall winner require a visa, he/she will handle visa paperwork and fees for quick processing of tickets. The visa fee is refundable. Keep receipts for reimbursement. UN-Habitat will provide a supporting letter for the visa application.
- Contestants from all over the world are encouraged to participate.
- This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- UN-Habitat takes no responsibility for infringement of 3rd party rights. The submitter of the photograph will incur any and all penalties associated with infringing on a 3rd Party’s rights to the photo.
- Entrants may not submit images containing nudity, personal attacks, and expletives.
How to Apply:
- Post a picture with a caption on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter while tagging @UN-HABITAT and @UN-HabitatYouth using the hashtag #weareclimatechange.
- Send a high-resolution image to [email protected], and cc [email protected] with your full name and contact information (email address, current address and phone number).
Application Deadline: 30th September 2017
Award Providers: UN-Habitat