Applications are now available for the UDB i-Growth Acceleration Program 2019, only eligible persons are welcome to apply for this program.
The i-Growth Accelerator program is an annual initiative that will support individuals to grow and expand their start-up enterprises in all sectors.
For 2019, the Accelerator will focus on the Agriculture and Manufacturing sectors under the theme; ‘Towards a Smart and Sustainable Agricultural and Manufacturing Sector’
The UDB i-Growth Acceleration Program 2019 is a Conference for People from different spheres of Life.
Inclusion into UDB i-Growth Acceleration Program, where teams will receive:
- Technical support, Mentorship and Business Coaching
- Linkages to local, regional and international expertise and contacts
- Financial support to develop and pilot the solution towards scaling
- Linkages to potential investors and fianciers
- The call shall is open to interested applicants from diverse backgrounds who propose brilliant projects in relation to the theme.
- Submissions can be done in teams or individuals for example youth groups, community based organisations, vocational institutes, students, young entrepreneurs, NGOs, women groups, associations, SMEs etc .
- Projects should suggest transformative interventions or solutions.
- Applicants should note carefully that the suggested projects could be in form of ‘technologies’ or ‘approaches’.
- It should be a project with a demonstrable proof of concept for the solution/approach an existing enterprise with atleast 1 or 2 years of existence.
Successful projects should have the following additional attributes;
- Scalability: the proposed solution should be scalable at different geographical scales preferably regional, national or sub-national and community level.
- Job creation: Creation of employment opportunities is fundamental to the achievement of the vision 2040 overarching goal of Transforming ‘Ugandan Society from a Peasant to a Modern and Prosperous Country within 30 years. It is therefore important that the proposed solutions consider how they will create new employment opportunities.
- Multi-sectoral collaboration: Participation of both the public and private sectors is fundamental or collaboration of multi-disciplinary sectors such as finance, water , energy and humanities will be an added advantage.
- Environmental conservation: Increase yield while keeping the ecosystem green. Green energy to power production
- Other aspects include; Originality of the idea, business/sustainability model, clear implementation plan, additional spin offs (your project provides more than one solution/ benefits to the users), cost effectiveness and competitive advantage of the solution.
Complete the application here.
Deadline: January 25, 2019
For more information, visit UDB i-Growth Accelerator.