SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Rita Bolland Fellowship
The RCMC also offers Research Associate positions for experts and Internships for students to foster interest in the study, preservation, and dissemination of information on ethnographic and world cultures collections.
In order to stimulate new ways of exploring the NMVW’s collections, the RCMC offers several Research Fellowships for junior and senior researchers.
RCMC fellowships have two primary aims.
- The first aim is to support research by junior and senior researchers that will advance their own research goals while producing new information on the NMVW collections, or uncovering the gaps and lesser-known histories of our archives and connecting them with other archives and stories in illuminating and critical ways (RCMC/FEL Junior Fellowship, Collections Research Fellows).
- The second aim is to invite scholars, artists and/or activist to think with us on how to develop innovative collections-based research that engages contemporary debates and urgent issues and to critically reflect on museum histories, practices, ethics and possible futures (RCMC Fellows, RCMC/FEL Distinguished Fellowship).
hence, Entries are now accepted at The Research Center for Material Culture (RCMC) and the research institute of the Afrika Museum for Rita Bolland Dutch Fellowship for Textile, Dress and Fashion Study. The objective of this scholarship is to encourage the study of Textile, Dress and Fashion Study.
About The Research Center for Material Culture
The Research Center for Material Culture (RCMC) is a flagship research institute within the Tropenmuseum (Amsterdam), Museum Volkenkunde (Leiden) and the Afrika Museum (Berg en Dal) that serves as a focal point for research on ethnographic collections in the Netherlands.
Level / Field of Study
The fellowship is available for research awarded in the fields of Textile, Dress and Fashion Study.
Scholarship can be taken in Netherlands.Incase you didnt meet up with the criteria or you wish for other Fashion scholarships follow the link Latest fashion design scholarships.
Dutch applicants are eligible for the fellowship. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship
The Fellowship will cover the followings:
- Access to our world-renowned collections: Help to strengthen our understanding of our existing collections or contribute to the development of new collections
- A stimulating, intellectual work environment: Attempt to pushes beyond oppositional notions of dress vs fashion, West vs non-west etc still present within fashion studies.
- A research network: In the spirit of Rita Bolland and her work, contribute to research on different textile traditions and techniques.
- Access to the Library/Documentation Centre: Attempt to pushes beyond oppositional notions of dress vs fashion, West vs non-west etc still present within fashion studies.
- Access to the RCMC programming and the general programme of the museum: Contribute to the writing of new histories of textiles, dress, and fashion, on the basis of the museum’s global collections
- A workspace (for resident fellows/associates/interns)
- Stimulate artists/makers to create new works, or the development of new technique or materials through working closely with the museums’ collections
- Support initiatives of co-creation with diverse stakeholders including originating communities.
Research Center for Material Culture Eligibility:
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply by post.
Applicants should send in a brief proposal of no more than 1000 words that outlines their intended research.
Proposals should clearly identify the relationship of their project with the collection of the NMVW and include a description of how research findings will contribute to the museum’s work and more broadly to scholarship on ethnographic museums, dress and fashion. Research proposals should be accompanied by a short cv of no more that two pages.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November
We Also Recommend
- Czech Government Scholarships for Developing Countries 2019
- Government of Hungary International Scholarship Program 2018/2019
- List of Top International Scholarships in Hungary 2019
- Bachelors and Masters UNESCO/Czech Republic Joint Fellowships for Developing Countries 2018/2019
- Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People in Hungary, 2019
- Czech Republic Scholarships 2018 for foreign nationals from developing countries (Fully Funded) – vacancies in Nigeria
- Study in Netherlands: 7 Step on How to apply into a Dutch institution
- List OF Hungarian Scholarships For International Students 2019 [Fully Funded]
- Czech Republic Government Scholarship for Developing Countries 2018-19 (Undergraduate, Masters and Doctorate)