The Skoltech center is delighted to announce the availability of a PhD position in Experimental Studies of Two-Axial Loading of Textiles and Films. The position is available to pursue research in Russia.The purpose of this position is to educate students, advance knowledge, and foster innovation in order to address critical scientific, technological, and innovation challenges and gaps facing Russia and the world.Applicants are to comply with the eligibility criteria as listed.
The Skoltech center was founded by a collaboration of nine Russian institutions and organizations.
Course Level: The position is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: The position is awarded in Experimental Studies of Two-Axial Loading of Textiles and Films.
Scholarship Award: The position will cover the following:
- The award package typically includes a comprehensive health insurance and a stipend at internationally competitive level.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Russia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Successful candidates are expected to have a Masters (or Specialist or an equivalent) degree in mechanical or materials engineering.
- Previous experience in experimental mechanics in general and mechanics of composite materials related experimental and simulation methods, in particular, is highly desirable.
- Successful candidates are expected to have experience with laboratory equipment. One of the primary responsibilities of a candidate will be to develop, produce and put into operation the test set-up.
- The candidates should have a desire to conduct experimental studies. A good knowledge of mechanics of continuous media, damage and fracture mechanics, and calculation software tools is also required.
Nationality: Russian applicants are eligible for the position.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master degree.
English Language Requirement: The candidates should have at least an upper-intermediate level of the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Please submit a PhD application including: a motivation letter (statement of purpose), a CV, with the publications list (if any), contacts of 2 referees, and proof of proficiency in English, i.e., TOEFL or IELTS (students may submit an application without this information, but all will be asked to provide it at a later date) through Skoltech Admissions for Doctoral Programs, selecting “PhD” as the degree level, identifying Prof. Akhatov as the prospective supervisor, and choosing “CDMM” from the list of centers. All documents should be submitted in English (the exceptions are diplomas in Russian and publications in Russian)
- Application Procedure Prior to submitting an application, students are advised to contact Prof. Iskander Akhatov (I.Akhatov-at-skoltech.ru) or Dr. Sergey Abaimov (S.Abaimov-at-skoltech.ru).
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 10, 2017.