Course Level: This position is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: The position is awarded in the project of Development of Paramagnetic NMR Spectroscopy for Materials Characterization.
Scholarship Award: The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement of 10 November 2015 on salaried PhD scholars between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
Number of Awards: One position is available.
Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility: The applicant must have a strong background in physical chemistry and/or materials science such as an MSc in Chemistry (5+3 programme) or a BSc with one year of MS. Studies (4+4 programme, i.e. be enrolled in such a Master’s degree programme for at least a year). If the candidate applies through the 4+4 programme, then documentation for courses corresponding to 60 ECTS on the Master’s level education must be included.
The applicant is expected to have experience with the synthesis of inorganic materials and their characterization by advanced experimental techniques such as solid state NMR spectroscopy or Rietveld refinement of PXRD data. Furthermore, the applicant should have passed a master-level advanced course in computational quantum chemistry, molecular physics or equivalent. These requirements must be clearly documented in the submitted CV, otherwise, the application will not be considered. The candidate should be independent and able to communicate fluently in English, as well as possess good interpersonal skills.
Nationality: Applicants from all around the world can apply for these positions.
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirements: Applicants should have good command (both written and spoken) on the English language.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted electronically. Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb. We strongly recommend that you read How to apply before you apply.
The application must be made in the form of a Declaration of Interest including the following:
• A research proposal/description of your approach to the project “Application of paramagnetic NMR for characterization of materials” (max one page excluding references)
• A letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages) (please attach this under box “Application form”)
• Detailed CV, including personal contact information
• Copies of diplomas, Bachelor as well as Master’s degree, including transcript of notes/grades
• At least two signed reference letters. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly to us, please have them use e-mail: email@example.com mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. And please note that these also need to reach us before the deadline.
Further information about the PhD-study can be found at the homepage of the University.
Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will neither be considered nor evaluated. This also applies to reference letters.
Application Deadline: The PhD positions application deadline is August 10, 2017.