The Makna is delighted to offer its Cancer Research Award for Malaysian students. This award is available for the young scientist.
The aim of this award is to support Malaysian citizens who are interested in cancer research.
The Makna or National Cancer Council Malaysia is a not-for-profit social enterprise mainly tasked to pool and utilize every effort, expertise and welfare from every faction of society to fight cancer and to reduce the pain, suffering and morbidity that the cancer patients often experience. It was founded by Dato’ Mohd Farid Ariffin in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Course Level: These awards are available for the young scientist.
Study Subject: These awards are available in the field of cancer research.
Scholarship Award: These awards will cover the following:
- Makna offers 3 research awards per year with the value of each award not exceeding RM
30,000. The award cannot be used to purchase equipment, to employ salaried personnel or to attend the conference. The project must be carried out in Malaysia and completed within 2 years.
Number of Scholarships: Three research awards are available per year.
Scholarship can be taken in Malaysia.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The application is open to all Malaysian citizens with a basic degree below 40 years of age, residing in Malaysia and interested in cancer research.
- Students who are pursuing their postgraduate degrees are encouraged to apply.
Nationality: Malaysian applicants are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a basic degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online through the Top Research Scientists Malaysia (TRSM) database at the following link given below:
- Each application must be accompanied by a recent institutional endorsement form signed by the Dean/ Head of the unit in which the candidate will realize the research work (dated no later than six months from the date of application).
- Kindly click on “Create New” button near the login panel and you will be directed to the “Apply New Account” page.
- Kindly complete all information required on the “Apply New Account” page as follows:
- Enter your preferred ID.
- Enter your valid e-mail address – an activation link will be sent to the registered e-mail
- Kindly select “Type of User” as “Awards, Grants, Research Fellowship & Membership”
- Enter your preferred password.
- Enter the shown verification code.
- Once complete, please click “SUBMIT” button in order to register.
- An activation link will be sent to your e-mail. Kindly check your email and click on the provided activation link to activate your account.
- Login to TRSM database.
- Kindly key in your registered User ID and password at the login panel and then click on “Log in” button. You will be directed to the TRSM online application form.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 31, 2017.