SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The DUniversity of Kentucky is delighted to offer 2017-2018 postdoctoral fellowship for international students. The fellowship provides a $47,476 stipend plus benefits as well as receive $2,000 for support of research activities. Fellowships are available for up to two years. The initial appointment is for 12 months, but recipients may apply for the second year.
In an effort to contribute to the mission of enhancing diversity, the University of Kentucky established the Lyman T. Johnson Postdoctoral Fellowships to support postdoctoral fellows in graduate and professional areas.
The University of Kentucky is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate’s, Bachelor’s, master and doctoral degrees.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to graduate and professional areas.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship provides a $47,476 stipend plus benefits. In addition, the fellow receives $2,000 for support of research activities. Fellowships are available for up to two years. The initial appointment is for 12 months, but recipients may apply for a second year.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Applicants must be eligible to compete for federally-funded postdoctoral grants. This includes the eligibility requirement that, by the time of award, the individual must be a citizen or a non-citizen national of the United States or have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence. Applicants must have completed the doctoral degree within the past two years or will complete the doctoral degree before the date of appointment. Preference will be given to applicants who do not have a prior or present postdoctoral appointment at UK. Applicants who received their PhD at UK must be affiliated with a research group other than the one in which they did their prior research. The goal is to broaden the research experience and training for the fellowship recipient.
Nationality: US as well as Non-US citizens are eligible to apply for these fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be eligible to compete for federally-funded postdoctoral grants.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Application dossier should contain, in this order and as a single PDF document:
- Letter of application that should address how participation in this program would contribute to the compelling interest of diversity at the University of Kentucky and in their profession
- Curriculum Vitae, including the references providing letters of recommendation
- A research proposal independently was written by the applicant in a way that non-experts can evaluate (1,500 words or less; figures, schemes and references are not included in this total).
- Sample publications or dissertation chapters (no more than 2)
In addition, arrange to have the following sent to vprgrants-at-uky.edu with the applicants’ name in the subject line.
- Three letters of recommendation
- A letter from the potential UK mentor
- Mentor’s curriculum vitae, including current and pending funding (5-page limit)
- A letter from the potential UK departmental chair indicating endorsement and appropriate departmental resources such as space and computer support
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is November 1, 2017.