The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC)’s Learning Lab is delighted to avail internship programs for international students to enable them acquire several leadership and management training programmes being developed for UN middle and senior managers.Only eligible persons will be considered for this program.
About the Award: The selected intern will apply her/his skills in instructional design and educational technology, and gain understanding of the UN work and the development of learning programmes for UN
personnel. The incumbent will report to a Course Coordinator and contribute to the design, development, coordination and evaluation of these learning programmes.
Specifically, the intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the design of e-learning products
- Assist resource persons on how to use technology and better conduct online courses
- Publish and update content on UNSSC learning platform (Moodle)
- Design questionnaires to measure learning impact
- Perform learning analytics, compile and visualize data, and code qualitative data
- Create video and multimedia content to support learning programmes
- Organize webinars for participants while coordinating with professors and content experts
- Assist with administrative tasks as required
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Application Deadline: 10th September 2017
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): UNSSC Turin, Italy
Eligibility: Applicants can be considered if they meet one of the following:
- Are enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme; or
- Are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or
- Are within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme in instructional design, adult education, communication, web design, graphic design or other related areas from an accredited college or university.
- Previous work experience is not required. Portfolio or evidence of skills is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in qualitative data analysis is an asset.
Language competencies: Fluency (written and oral) in English.
Computer skills: Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite. Familiarity with online learning and social media tools. Mobile app development experience is an asset.
Other skills and competencies:
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- High motivation, with a desire to learn and grow professionally.
Selection: Candidates for the Internship Programme are selected on a competitive basis. Only those candidates who meet the requirements of the position will be short-listed and interviewed. The candidates will be informed of the result of the selection process as soon as it is finalized.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Interns who are not financially supported by other institutions shall receive a stipend from UNSSC intended to assist in covering basic subsistence costs. The monthly amount of the
stipend is fixed at 450€.
Duration of Program: 6 months (starting as soon as possible)
How to Apply: Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: (0039) 011 65359 02.
- Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship vacancy announcement 006”
Award Providers: UNSSC
Important Notes: Interns are responsible for making travel and accommodation arrangements and for obtaining the necessary visa for entering Italy or the country of any other duty station to which they have been assigned. UNSSC will facilitate the process of obtaining entry visas for countries of assignment.
The intern is responsible for ensuring that he/she has all the prescribed vaccinations for travel to the assigned duty station. Interns are also responsible to obtain medical insurance coverage in accordance with the requirements for entering Italy or the country of any other duty station to which they have been assigned. The cost of travel, visa, accommodation, vaccines, health insurance and living expenses are the responsibility of interns.