SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Entries are now been accepted for the The ILO journalism fellowship, This fellowship program is in partnership with with the Ethical Journalism Network and the duration will be for six-months. Eligibility criteria is a noteworthy information.
About the Award: The programme is part of a comprehensive initiative to promote fair migration (including fair recruitment), and contribute to the elimination of human trafficking for forced labour across the Arab States region.
The media are instrumental in shaping public perceptions about labour migration, which can in turn influence policy and practice. Coverage of labour migration in the region tends to focus on criminal behaviour either by migrants, or against migrants, by employers or traffickers. Often unwittingly, media can perpetuate negative stereotypes about labour migrants, increasing their vulnerability to discrimination and abuse. The fellowship programme aims to address this by engaging and supporting a new generation of journalists who are trained to consider the full range of diverse issues inherent in the migration debate, and understand the range of perspectives on this complex topic.
Application Deadline: 7th August 2017
Eligible Candidates: The program is open to individuals working in Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, and the UAE.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the program, participants must
- be early-career journalists and media professionals working in Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon and the UAE,
- be passionate about human rights, migration, and labour issues.
- be freelance or working for an existing outlet.
- The programme is open to print, TV and radio journalists, photojournalists and film-makers, multimedia journalists, citizen journalists and social media experts.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Participants to the programme will
- take part in an expert training programme on reporting and storytelling on labour migration,
- be provided with editorial support from a board of mentors,
- be given USD 1500 stipends to cover field work to produce and publish a series of in-depth stories on labour migration.
- Reports and multimedia will be published on the ILO and partner websites, in English and Arabic.
Duration of Program: 6 months
How to Apply: Applicants will be required to submit the following (in either English or Arabic):
- A cover letter outlining: your motivation to participate in the program and a relevant story proposal
- Two relevant samples of your work
The Application To | Email: Law by Tom, EJN Director Director Of Communications And Campaigns , At Tom.firstname.lastname@example.org
Award Providers: The fellowship is implemented through the ILO Regional Fair Migration Project in the Middle East (FAIRWAY), with the support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).