British High Commission scholarships 2020
British High Commission is inviting applications to 2020 British High Commission Singapore Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships, UK. This Scholarship will support the successful applicant to undertake a fixed term placement in the UK at a university or in another body providing post-graduate courses.
About the Sponsor
The Commonwealth Scholarships Commission is an executive non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Department for International Development.
The Commonwealth Scholarships Commission operates within the framework of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) and is a vivid demonstration of the UK’s enduring commitment to the Commonwealth.
By supporting innovators and leaders of the future from across the Commonwealth, and by attracting outstanding talent to Britain’s universities, our work combines sustainable development with the UK national interest.
The CSC aims to contribute to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, support excellence in UK higher education, and sustain the principles of the Commonwealth. Candidates are selected on the basis of merit and their potential to contribute to the needs of their home countries
Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships in the UK are funded by the Department for International Development (for developing Commonwealth countries) and the Department for Education (for developed Commonwealth countries), in conjunction with UK universities.
A British High Commission is a British diplomatic mission, equivalent to an embassy, found in countries that are members of the Commonwealth of Nations. Their general purpose is to provide diplomatic relationships as well as travel information, passports, dual-citizenship information, and other services between Commonwealth states.
Where some Commonwealth countries are not represented in another Commonwealth country, the British High Commission can assist such Commonwealth countries’ citizens in some cases.
Some countries that were outside the Commonwealth, but have now returned to their membership of the Commonwealth, have replaced their embassies and ambassadors with High Commissions and High Commissioners.
Applicants may find and arrange the placements themselves. The placement should include an aspect of research or development in an innovation related area.
What You Need To Know About Singapore Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships, UK
This Singapore Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships is managed by the Royal Commonwealth Society of Singapore, aim to partly fund the successful applicants for their industry placements or postgraduate studies in the UK in the fields of innovation, and promote knowledge transfer between both countries.
These programmes, managed by the Royal Commonwealth Society of Singapore, aim to part-fund the successful applicants for their industry placements or postgraduate studies in the UK in the fields of innovation and promote knowledge transfer between both countries.
This Scholarship will support the successful applicant to undertake a fixed term placement in the UK at a university or in another body providing post-graduate courses. Applicants may find and arrange the placements themselves. The placement should include an aspect of research or development in an innovation related area.
Level/Field of Study
This is for Singapore students who are pursuing their industry placements or postgraduate studies in the UK
Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships are aimed at talented individuals who have the potential to make a change. The CSC offers around 800 awards for postgraduate study and professional development each year.
This is exclusively for citizens of Singapore who is pursuing postgraduate studies in Uk. If you are an International student seeking to study abroad, you can check out our list of International Scholarship
- The Scholarship award will cover the cost of a return economy flight air ticket to the UK plus living expenses in the UK to a maximum of £7,500 per year for the duration of the postgraduate programme.
- All Singapore Commonwealth Scholars will become part of the alumni network of Commonwealth Scholars and Fellows in Singapore, and have opportunities to network with the alumni of other prestigious scholarship schemes, such as the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s Chevening Scholarship Scheme.
Who is Eligible For The Singapore Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships, UK
The Commonwealth Scholarship (“Scholarship”) is awarded to outstanding international students from Commonwealth countries seeking admissions as a full-time candidate pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme by research at the University.
This Scholarship is for new, incoming students who are Singapore citizens or permanent residents. A number of students are selected each semester by the University for the award.
To apply for a Singapore Commonwealth Scholarship the following procedures must be followed:
- Be citizens of Singapore
- The quality of the proposal
- The benefits of the proposal to Singapore and to UK-Singapore collaboration
Applications are considered on the Following basis:
• Academic merit and/or the career achievements of the candidate
• The quality of the proposal
• The benefits of the proposal to Singapore and to UK-Singapore collaboration
How Can I Apply for Singapore Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships, UK
Applications should be sent via post.
Singapore Commonwealth Scholarships Deadline:
Singapore Commonwealth Scholarships Application deadline closes every March Annually
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Top 17 Political Science Scholarships in the US, 2020 [UPDATED]
- ENDEAVOUR SCHOLARSHIP FOR THAILAND STUDENTS 2020
- LIST OF SCHOLARSHIPS IN SINGAPORE FOR HOME AND INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS 2020
- University of Miami Tuition
- Fully Funded: Cambridge University Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies in, UK
- Cappex Easy Money Scholarship 2020
- 20 Undergraduate Scholarships for Electrical Engineering in Developing Countries
- Bangor University, Commonwealth Scholarships for African Students UK
- Pay Your Bills 250 Sweepstake, 2020
- Richie’s Spirit Foundation Scholarship, 2020
- Redhead Scholarship 2020 | USA Scholarships
Do you find this content helpful or do you have any question relating to the information we provided here? please kindly drop a comment on our comment box and we will get back to you as soon as possible.