The Ministry of Finance and Mass Media is currently accepting Entries from Sri Lankan journalists whom applied for ‘AsiDisi Media Scholarship Program – 2017’. Scholarships will provide financial assistance for the training courses of journalists. The primary purpose of this scholarship is to upgrade professionalism of Sri Lankan journalists.
The Ministry of Parliamentary Reforms and Mass Media is the Sri Lankan government ministry responsible for implementation of government media policy.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for the training courses of journalists.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of journalism.
Scholarship Award: Maximum scholarship amount paid for the course is Rupees One Hundred Thousand only. Eligible applicants will be provided with 50% of the course fee as the first installment at the commencement and 25% of the balance as the second installment and the balance 25% upon submission of the certificate on completion of the course.
Scholarship can be taken in: Sri Lanka
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Should be a journalist stipulated in 02 above and should have completed 03 years of service.
- Applicants should be selected for or currently following a Postgraduate (Master’s) Degree, Diploma, Long Term or Short Term Certificate Course related to the field of media conducted by recognized Universities, higher educational / training institutes at the date of calling for interviews. (A letter issued by the respective Institution mentioning the selection to the course or currently following the course should be furnished at the interview).
- The course applied for should be directly related to the field of media.
- Should be between 18 – 55 years of age
- Should possess Media Accreditation issued by the Department of Government Information
- Should not be benefitted from the AsiDisi Scholarship Programme earlier.
Nationality: Sri Lankan journalists are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Journalists serving in recognized electronic and print institutions island-wide on full time or part time basis, freelance journalists, provincial journalists and web journalists, who have completed a three-year service period and between 18-55 years of age are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply: Duly filled applications prepared as per specimen application is given below should be sent under registered cover addressed to Director (Media), Ministry of Finance and Mass Media, No. 163, Kirulapone Avenue, Polhengoda, Colombo 05 to reach on or before 31.07.2017. “Financial Grant for Training Courses of Journalists – 2017” should be clearly indicated on top left-hand corner of the envelope.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 31, 2017.