SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
2017 AGNES Mobility Grant (Intra-Africa) for Junior Researchers (Masters and Doctoral students) from sub- Saharan Africa Funded
The AGNES Mobility Grant for Junior Researchers aims to strengthen the scientific capacity
and networking in Africa through active co-operation of AGNES and potential AGNES
members. It further supports the alumni of the AvH in their efforts towards coaching and
mentoring high potential junior researchers, helping them to access international networks of scientific excellence.
The AGNES Intra- Africa Mobility Grant enables junior researchers (Masters and Doctoral students) from sub- Saharan African countries to spend research stays between 1 and 2 months at a university/research institute in another sub-Saharan African country (hereafter: host institution), where they will be collaborating with an experienced researcher (hereafter: scientific host). Eligible junior researchers need to demonstrate the relevance of their work for further development of their home countries in sub-Sahara Africa.
- The applicant may be from any academic discipline but must be officially registered for the Masters or the Doctoral degree at a university/tertiary institute in sub-Sahara Africa, and must be a national of a sub-Saharan African country. Applicants must demonstrate clearly that their work is relevant towards development in sub-Saharan African countries.
- Only applicants with an identified scientific host and mutually agreed-upon proposal/work schedule will be considered for the Grant.
- The Grant aims to be as financially comprehensive as is reasonably possible for a short stay outside the borders of the applicant’s country, covering travel and living costs, and includes a research allowance to the host institute to cover some of the research expenses.
- A maximum Grant amount of EUR 2300 and EUR 3 000 is earmarked for 1 and 2 months stays, respectively.
- Interested junior scientists should submit their electronic applications directly to the AGNES Desk via email: email@example.com by 10 May 2017.
- Please ensure that the application and all supporting documents reach the AGNES desk by midnight South African time.
For More Information: