The U.S. Embassy is pleased to call on Applicants to apply for the Afghan Junior Faculty Development Program for teachers/lecturers with 1-5 years of teaching experience at the university level. The programme is a ten-week professional development programme.The sole objective of this program is to strengthen ties between US and Afghan applicants.
The Embassy of the United States of America in Kabul is the diplomatic mission of the United States of America in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Course Level: This is a ten-week professional development programme.
Study Subject: The programme is awarded in the field of study of English Language and Literature.
Scholarship Award: The programme will cover the following:
- All program costs will be included in the scholarship, including lodging, meals, supplemental health and accident benefits, a book and materials allowance, and travel costs to program location.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be citizens of Afghanistan currently employed full-time as a junior level faculty member at a public or private higher education institution in Afghanistan;
- Applicants must have a minimum of one year and maximum of five years of teaching experience;
- Applicants must have demonstrated interest in and intent to continue teaching at the university level in Afghanistan;
- Applicants must at the minimum a four-year bachelor’s degree along with transcripts reflecting eight full semesters of coursework;
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership qualities and achievements through professional work and volunteer experience;
- Applicants should have strong English language skills. Applicants with a valid TOEFL iBT score will be given preference when selecting candidates. Candidates with TOEFL scores must include a screenshot or their highest such score in the application package. Selected applicants may be required to retake a TOEFL iBT later. Competitive applicants will have a TOEFL score of at least 61 iBT.
- Applicants must submit three recommendation letters along with their application. One of the three recommendation letters must be from the applicant’s faculty’s Dean and must clearly state that if selected, the university will facilitate and approve the applicant’s participation, which includes absence for ten weeks, and guarantees the applicant’s position upon return;
- Applicants must accept the “NO dependent policy” – the Afghan Junior Faculty Development Program will only provide support to the recipient; dependents, including spouse, are not supported;
- Applicants currently living outside Afghanistan, dual citizens and U.S. citizens are NOT eligible for the program.
- Persons who have a pending application for immigration to any country (this includes Special Immigrant Visas to the United States); employees of the U.S. government, such as U.S. Embassy/USAID, and their family members (parents, siblings, spouses, and children) are NOT eligible for the program.
Nationality: Afghan applicants are eligible for the programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be teachers/lecturers with 1-5 years of teaching experience at the university level.
English Language Requirement: It is imperative that all candidates demonstrate English language fluency. Participants will be expected to handle substantial reading assignments in English and to be active participants in all seminar and panel discussions. English fluency is vital to a successful experience.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through email.
- Submit Your Application Package to: KabulJFDP-at-state.gov
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 30, 2017.