The Yoshida Foundation is pleased to call on applicants to apply for the 2017-2018 Yoshida Scholarship Foundation for Foreign Students in Japan,Hurry now and apply.
Yoshida Scholarship Foundation (YSF) is a foundation established in March 1967 for the purpose of developing highly capable individuals for the nation and society by providing financial support to gifted students as advocated by YKK Group founder Tadao Yoshida.
Level: Master’s & Doctoral Courses
Field(s): Scholarship grant is awarded in the field of natural science while studying at a graduate school in Japan
School(Institutions/ Country): | Japan
Funded By: Yoshida Scholarship Foundation, Japan
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Yoshida Scholarship Foundation is targeted for students of Indonesia, Cambodia, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Brunei, Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, East Timor, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, United Arab Emirates, Armenia, Yemen, Israel, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Georgia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Bahrain, Jordan, Lebanon, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tadzhikistan, Turkmenistan and Mongolia.
Have what it takes to avail Yoshida Scholarship Foundation ?
- A candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements.
- The candidate must be a national of a country within the scope of the Scholarship Grant. ・ The candidate must be a graduate of a university in a country within the scope of the Scholarship Grant (which need not be located in the same country as the country of nationality) or have higher academic qualifications.
- The candidate must be seeking to enroll in a master’s course (with a standard course term of two years for which a master’s degree is awarded to those who complete the course, including the first two (2) years of a doctoral course) or the last three (3) years of a doctoral course (with a standard course term of three years for which a doctoral degree is awarded to those who complete the course) or be transferred in the third year of an integrated doctoral course (with a standard course term of five years for which a doctoral degree is awarded to those who complete the course) at the graduate school of the Japanese university in autumn 2017 or spring 2018. ・
- The candidate must specialize in the field of natural science in the Japanese university.
- The candidate must not have arrived in Japan yet at the time of filing an application to YSF. If the candidate wishes to enroll in autumn, he/she must have lived in a country within the scope of the Scholarship Grant for one year or more on an ongoing basis as of April 1, 2017. If the candidate wishes to enroll in spring, he/she must have lived in a country within the scope of the Scholarship Grant for one year or more on an ongoing basis as of October 1, 2017.
- A candidate seeking to enroll in a master’s course must be no more than 30 years old and a candidate seeking to enroll in the last three (3) years of a doctoral course must be no more than 35 years old as of April 1, 2017.
Scholarship Application Method
Applicants are required to submit the following documents to the Japanese university. Among these documents, please obtain the forms for the application and the letter of recommendation through the Japanese university:
(i) Application form (No.1 Form C) (to be submitted in either Japanese or English);
(ii) Letter of recommendation (No.2 Form C) (written by the advising professor in charge at the Japanese university); (iii) Letter of recommendation written in English by the university from which the applicant graduated; and
(iv) A copy of the certificate or letter of acceptance from the graduate school of the Japanese university (if acceptance by the graduate school has been decided). Japanese universities are required to submit the set of application documents concerning the respective scholarship candidates whom they have decided to recommend to YSF. If acceptance of the candidate at the graduate school is undecided at the time of submitting the application documents, please promptly submit a copy of the certificate or letter of acceptance as soon as the candidate’s acceptance has been decided.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 10th October 2016.
Changes after Application
If any material changes arise in the content of the application documents after recommending a candidate to YSF, the Japanese university is required to contact YSF promptly. Material changes include the following.・ Change in preferred university, graduate school or specialization
・ Change in theme of research scheduled to be conducted after enrollment
・ Change in advising professor (who wrote the letter of recommendation), etc.
. Contact Information
Yoshida Scholarship Foundation’s administration office
3-22-1 Kamezawa, Sumida-ku, Tokyo 130-8521 JAPAN
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.