Applications are currently been submitted for the essay competition organised by the Competition Commission of India (CCI) , interested persons whom have met with the stated criteria are welcome to apply.
Institution:Competition Commission of India (CCI)
(i) Growth of Digital Economy – A Challenge for Competition Regulators ;
(ii) Eight Years of Competition Law Enforcement in India.
2. Language: Entries may be submitted by 31st October 2017 in English language only.
3. Cash Prizes: Winners will receive attractive cash prizes as per the following table:
|Prizes INR||Category IUndergraduate Students||Category IIPostgraduate Student|
|First – One||40,000||50,000|
|Second – One||20,000||25,000|
|Third – One||10,000||15,000|
|Consolation – Two||2 x 5,000||2 x 5,000|
The prize winners shall also be given a certificate each. Names of the winners will be
published on CCI’s website and separate intimation will also be sent to each of the
winner for receiving the prize in an appropriate program.
It is proposed to limit the essay competition to the full-time students of following
- Category I would include undergraduate students including students in first three
years of an integrated post-graduation course/ students of Foundation & executive
programs of company secretary exam/students (joining after 12thand not after
graduation) of CPT & Intermediate programs of Chartered Accountant Exam
- Category II would include students pursuing post-graduation and professional
degrees/diplomas (not falling in Category I) and Ph. D. students.
- Essay entries submitted by the participants must be accompanied by a copy of
student Identity Card and Aadhar Card. Entries received without a COPY of
student Identity Card and Aadhar Card shall be summarily rejected and NO
query, correspondence etc. pertaining to such entries shall be entertained by the
Commission under any circumstances.
- Wards and relatives of employees of Competition Commission of India or office of
Director General-CCI or Ministry of Corporate Affairs, GOI is not eligible to
participate in this competition.
Fee: There is no fee and entry to the competition shall be free.
Structure of the Essay Competition:
- The Essay Competition entries shall have to be on one of the topics provided and
submitted by the last date stipulated (i.e. 31st October 2017). 6.2. Co-authored papers of up to two authors are permitted.
- Only one essay is allowed per participant or per collaborating team of co-authors.
- The prizes in such cases will be shared among the team members.
Length of Essay:
The essay should not be more than 3000 words including footnotes. There is no
minimum word limit; however, authors are encouraged to submit essays of not less
than 1500 words.
Procedures for the submissions of the essay:
- The entries have to be sent, latest by 31st October 2017 through email only at
advocacy-at-cci.gov.in in English language only.
- The subject of such email may be CCI Essay Competition 2017-18. 10.3.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. Previously published
essays shall be rejected outright. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification
of the essay.
Participants shall ascertain and attest to the originality of their entry and a
disclaimer clause to this effect shall be added.