From statistics of most scholarships portals, Ethiopians are constantly searching for scholarship opportunity to Study abroad. The Fact Still remains that they do better abroad than in their Country.
These scholarships are available for the pursue of quality International education in Canada. But then Canada having one of the best education system with limited number of scholarships compared to the likes of USA ,UK and AUSTRALIA.
What you need to know about Canada
Canada is the world’s second largest country by area, only behind Russia. Known as the Great White North, Canada is renowned for its vast, untouched landscape, and its multicultural heritage.
While much of Canada consists of forests, it has more lakes than any other country, as well as the Rocky Mountains, the Prairies, and a sparsely populated archipelago extending into the Arctic.
Well, From Statistics over 25,000 African Students are studying in Canada, which most of them are on Scholarships.
Canada is turning out to become the world best country for Educational activities. With less than $1,500 one can start life in Canada.
The Canadian educational system is an important factor that shapes life for those who choose to settle in Canada
What you need to know about Ethiopia
Ethiopia is the second-most populous African country and one of the oldest countries in the world. Some of the oldest traces of human life can be found in Ethiopia. As such civilization kind of have some of its route from the country.
Ethiopia is one African Nation with an unending quest and intense passion to change their world through acquiring quality and affordable education.
As an African student there often no much opportunity to a good education which is why the WSF team have put together a list of Ethiopian Scholarships to study abroad in Canada.
300 Scholarships for Ethiopian Students in Canada, 2019
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) is now opened to international students including Ethiopian students . The application for the scholarship is submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline using the ResearchNet application system.
Humber College offers full and partial renewable tuition scholarships for new international undergraduate students Ethiopians inclusive ,beginning classes in January and September of each year.
Humber emphasizes hands-on, career-focused learning. College offers a broad range of credentials including bachelor’s degrees, diplomas, certificates and postgraduate certificates — and will help you chart the best path towards your goals. Humber are conducted in English, it is essential that all students possess strong English writing, comprehension and speaking skills.
The International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavor such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
As one of the world’s leading universities, the University of British Columbia creates an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the people of British Columbia, Canada, and the world.
The fellowships are to support international students showing outstanding leadership in humanitarian and development work in their home country.
The University of Manitoba is a public university in the province of Manitoba, Canada. Located in Winnipeg and found in 1877, it was Western Canada’s first university. Founded 140 years ago, and located in the heart of the country, they are the region’s largest and only research-intensive university offering over 100 academic programs, including professional disciplines such as medicine, law, and engineering.
The fellowships, valued at $18,000 at the Ph.D. level and at $14,000 at the Master’s level, are offered each year to graduate students.
The University aims to assist international students who require financial assistance with scholarships. The Quest program is rigorous, and an important criterion for a scholarship award is the applicant’s academic record.
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit the results of a TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) taken within the past two years. All students, regardless of their country of origin, are eligible to apply for scholarships and/or financial aid.
Applications are currently invited for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2019 for Ethiopian. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is a 10-year, $500 million global initiative to educate and develop next generation leaders who will contribute to social and economic transformation.
The Government of Canada invites applications from Ethiopia Students for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program 2019. This Opportunity is designed world-class doctoral students Pursuing their research degrees in Canada. Most Ethiopians have testified that the opportunity has changed their lives.
Global Schools Ambassadors Program 2018 for Young Leaders is a programme to equip young and promise Ethiopian with the vision of championing the future. Application is limited to few.
The Leder School of Business is offering an International Student Scholarship programme for the 2019/2020 academic year. The scholarships will be awarded to Chinese and Korean students who demonstrate strong academic and leadership skills.
Entries are now been accepted for the Conestoga College International Diploma Entrance Scholarship in Canada, and entry submissions will continue till August 30 each year. The international students who hold valid study permit can apply for this scholarship.
Benefits of Canadian Scholarships for Ethiopian Students:
A Free Scholarship covers a lot of benefits. These ranges from:
- Tuition Fees
- Accommodation fees
- Books Allowance
- VISA and Travel fees
- Feeding Allowance
- Any other Expenses
What are the basic things I need to know before applying for a Canadian student visa in Ethiopia
The Canadian Student Visa allows a wide variety of students either in an academic or vocational sector to grow within Canada’s bilingual borders. From simply learning English or French to earning a Post-Graduate Degree, student visas allow students to expand their knowledge and expertise in Canada. This allows foreign students to bring their rich culture, expansive knowledge, and varied skills to Canada’s already diverse classrooms and schools.
Boasting excellent and varied educational options, reasonable tuition rates and living costs, a peaceful and multi-cultural community and the possibility of applying for permanent residence. Canada is a top-destination country for students seeking an international experience.
Canada student visa for Ethiopian Students
The Canadian Student visa allows foreign students to take advantage of Canada’s world-class education system. The specific requirements for the Student visa will vary depending on the selected level of study, the applicant’s educational background, and their country of citizenship.
Applicants will generally require:
- Proof of acceptance and enrolment to an accredited academic institution in Canada;
- Possess a valid passport/travel document, and provide proof of financial support; and
- Ties to their home country and evidence of their intention to leave Canada at the end of their studies.
In addition, applicants must ensure that they are criminally and medically admissible to enter Canada and be willing to undergo a medical examination, as required.
Student Visa Entitlements
Many educational institutions offer awards, scholarships, and bursaries to international students on a competitive basis. An applicant who is granted a student visa is eligible to work on-campus throughout the school year, allowing them to earn money towards tuition, explore Canada’s diverse landscape, and gain valuable Canadian work experience. In addition, they may be entitled to apply for Off-Campus Work visa after 6 months. In most cases, foreign students are entitled to apply for a Post-Graduation Work visa, enabling them to remain in Canada for up to three years in some cases. It may also be possible to have their permanent residence application processed in tandem, allowing them to work and live in Canada permanently.
How do I apply and obtain a Canadian study visa in Ethiopia
You may need to give your biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) when applying for a visitor visa, study permit or work permit. You can give your biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) at the Canada Visa Application Centre in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Read complete information on visa/permit requirements on the IRCC website and download the appropriate application forms and checklist relevant to the purpose of your visit. Please refer to the “Prepare your Application” page to obtain details on visas/permits.
- Fill out the application form and other relevant documents. If you are unable to provide all the supporting documents as mentioned in the official IRCC document checklist, you are required to fill out and sign the waiver form and attach it with your application form. Failure to provide a completed and signed waiver form may result in additional delays or refusal of your application for a visa, permit or travel document.
- Pay visa fees as per instructions in the IRCC fee list.
- Visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) and make sure you bring your passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents as per checklist and IRCC fee instrument. Applicable CVAC service charges will be levied.
- Once you are at CVAC, pay the service charges, hand your complete application and obtain a receipt. This receipt contains your unique tracking number which you will need to track the progress of your application online.
For more information, visit the Embassy of Canada in Ethiopia;
Canada Visa Application Centre
International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Addis Ababa
Kirkos Subcity, Woreda 08, Road to UNECA,
Behind Zequala complex, YeMez building,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
We are open from Monday to Friday (excluding declared holidays)
CVAC Opening time 9:00-17:00
Application Submission: 9:00-16:00
Passport collection: 14:00-16:00
Lunch closure: 13:00-14:00
Helpline number: +251 11 5570441 / +251 11 5570442/+251 920581058
Email: [email protected]
Note: Please do not include any personal information in E-mails, SMS text messages or any other non-secure form of electronic communication.
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- Top 10 Switzerland Scholarships for International Student 2018(HOT)
- International Scholarships at Norwich University of the Arts in UK, 2018
- Top 20 Canada Scholarships for International students 2018-2019
- Dr Murtala Muhammed Scholarship 2018-2019 (SHARE THIS)
- Canadian Government Scholarships 2018 – APPLY
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program in Canada 2018
- Latest Canada Scholarships for Undergraduates, Masters and PhD Programmes 2018-2019
- Top 10 scholarships for Ethiopian students in Canada
- Fully Funded Chinese Government–Chinese University Program Scholarships for International Students 2018/19
- Top 15 Research Scholarships for International Students To Study Abroad
- Queen’s University Belfast Scholarships for International Students in UK, 2018
- University of Kent International Masters scholarships 2018-UK
- 750 SCHOLARSHIPS WITH MAY DEADLINE 2018
- List Of Canadian Scholarships for Chinese Students 2018-2019
- Top 10 Scholarships for kenya students [HOT]
- List of Fully Funded PhD Programs 2018-2019 – APPLY NOW
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Are you an Ethiopian students who wish to study abroad? Here are 300 available scholarships for Ethiopian students in Canada. At least,you must win one