Ypuths from across the globe are been invited to apply for the The 11th Commonwealth Youth Forum in London 2018, hurry now and apply!!
The Commonwealth is extending an invitation to young people with experience in youth advocacy or development to attend an important youth conference. The Commonwealth Youth Forum promotes cross-cultural connections and consensus among youth leaders on the challenges and opportunities facing young people.
Type: Youth Forum
To be taken in: London
To be considered young people must:
- Be a recognised member of a national youth-led body, or represent a youth organisation or special interest group (such as indigenous young people, young people with disabilities, rural youth, young people from diaspora communities, etc.)
- Demonstrate an interest in global and Commonwealth issues and working with other young people towards the success of local, regional youth organisations, as well as the Commonwealth Youth Council and its continuation.
- Be committed to working in their respective countries with youth leaders, young people, youth organisations and special interest group as part of the preparatory work prior to attending and after the forum. This includes disseminating learnings and engaging with the Commonwealth Youth Council and other stakeholders to assist implement outcomes from the forum.
- Be dedicated to strengthening dialogue between young people of the Commonwealth.
Young people who are passionate about youth work and would like to take part should register their interest by 2 January 2018.
The theme for next year’s Youth Forum is “Powering our Common Future”, which ties in with CHOGM’s main theme “Towards a Common Future”.
- Applicants must be aged 18 – 29 and will be responsible for paying for their own flights to the UK, accommodation, meals and travel while in London.
- The young people who are selected will build skills and networks, discuss issues, and then make recommendations to decision-makers at the highest levels of government.
- The outcome document from the Forum will feature policy proposals that can be adopted by the Commonwealth Youth Council and thematic youth-led networks, National Youth Councils, Commonwealth countries themselves, or by the Commonwealth Secretariat.
Application Deadline: 2 January 2018.
For More Information: