|Study Program||Duration of Degree Program|
|Doctoral degree||3-4 academic years|
|Master’s degree||2-3 academic years|
2. Applicants should have a competitive academic record and display a strong scientific research ability.
3. Applicants may not be beneficiaries of any other scholarships at the time of application.
4. Education background and age limit:
– Applicants for master’s degree program must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
– Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
1. Scholarship Type A (Full scholarship)
– Tuition waiver
– Free accommodation on campus
– Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students inChina
2. Scholarship Type B (Partial scholarship)
– Free accommodation on campus
– Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China Zhejiang university dome
1) Costs of the laboratory experiments or internships that beyond the university’s arrangements should be self-afforded.
2) Monthly living allowance is granted to the students at the following rates (CNY per month):
– Doctoral degree students: CNY 2,000
– Master’s degree students: CNY 1,700
3.Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before the 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half the amount of that month. Upon graduation, students will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the following month after students suspend, terminate or complete their studies at the university. Monthly living allowances cover school holidays. Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays may be reimbursed upon their return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for at least one month for those students who do not register on time without permission from the university, who are on leave for non-health reasons, or are absent from the university for over a month.
4) A Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Program for International Students inChinais provided for the scholarship students inChinain case of hospitalization for serious diseases and accidental injuries. Please link www.lxbx.net to find the details.
Applicants shall submit the following application materials to the Admissions Office (postgraduate program) of the International College of Zhejiang University by post or in person.
1. Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University, pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the Student Login first (link ), then print and sign the Application Form produced by the online application system.
2. Application Form for Zhejiang University Scholarship, pasted with a recent photograph. Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the Scholarship Applicants Login first (link), then print and sign.
3. Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor, (download). (If any)
4. Highest degree certificates, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
5. Academic transcripts, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
6. Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates. Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers)
7. A photocopy of passport.
8. Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal.
9. Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ signature, contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter.)
10. Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (If any)
11. Remittance receipt of the application fee (RMB 400 yuan). (Bank account)
The incomplete application materials will not be processed.
Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
Mailing Address (for application materials sent via courier service):
Office of Management for Postgraduate Students, International College, Room 229, 231, No. 31 Dormitory, Yuquan Campus,Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Mailing Address (for application materials sent via postal office):
Office of Management for Postgraduate Students,
P.O. Box W-99, Yuquan Campus, Zhejiang University,Hangzhou,China Post Code:310027.
Tel.:+86-571-87953101 or 87952848
1. The application package should be labeled “Application for Zhejiang University Scholarship 2017”
2. To ensure receiving your application materials successfully, it is advised not to submit application materials during the University’s winter vacation (from Jan 25 to Feb. 25, 2017).
Zhejiang University will examine all the application materials. Decisions for granting the scholarships will be made on the basis of the applicant’s competitiveness, academic record and other preset standards. List of Scholarship awardees is expected to be announced in middle of July or later.
1.Scholarship students must go through the Study Review each semester. The scholarship will be terminated if the student fail in the Study Review.
2. The Zhejiang University Scholarship’s period is the same with the study period on the Admission Notice and CAN NOT be extended.
3. Scholarships of the students who suspend their studies due to illness or for other reasons will not be reserved.
4. The International College of Zhejiang University is responsible for the interpretation of the scholarship granting procedures and regulations.
Application deadline: May 20,2017
For more informations Official webpage for this scholarship