SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The Academy of Underwater Arts & Sciences (AUAS) is delighted to invite applications for the Zale Parry Scholarship Program. The program is open to those candidates who are currently enrolled in a graduate school program (Masters or Ph.D.) in the diving fields of study (Marine Conservation and Education, Diving Medicine and Hyperbarics, Ocean Engineering, and Underwater Archeology).The AUAS is committed to supporting its members as they pass on the stewardship of the sea to future generations. The AUAS Organization will provide $6000 award per recipient and $500 voucher towards travel expenses to the Scholarship Presentation Ceremony.
The Academy of Underwater Arts and Sciences (AUAS) is an international, multi-disciplinary, non-profit organization dedicated to recognizing pioneers and leaders who have had a global impact on the exploration, enjoyment, safety, and preservation of the underwater world. In 1993, Harry Shanks formed AUAS as a 501(c)3 corporation to strengthen the awards arm of the USOA.
- A resident of the United States or Canada
- A certified scuba diver
- Currently enrolled in a graduate school program (Masters or Ph.D.) in any of the following diving fields of study: Aquatic Biology, Ecology, and other Marine Science-Related Fields: Marine Conservation and Education, Diving Medicine and Hyperbarics, Ocean Engineering, and Underwater Archeology
- Graduates do not qualify.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can download the application through the given link: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/9cdeab_e678c75ef2574f91bcdaf1821fe172ca.pdf
The following information must be submitted:
- Scholarship candidate’s name, address, phone number, email address
- Scholarship candidate’s date of birth, place of birth, gender, and marital status
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from experts such as (but not limited to) college professors who can vouch for the candidate’s credentials and academic achievements
- 500-word essay from the applicant discussing career goals
- Photocopy of Diving Certification card(s)
The complete application packet must postmark through the mail to:
Zale Parry Scholarship
c/o The Academy of Underwater Arts & Sciences
27 West Anapamu Street #317
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Financial Aid and Award Money:
$6000 award will be awarded per recipient and $500 voucher towards travel expenses to the Scholarship Presentation Ceremony.
The complete applications must be received no later than August 31, application year. The selected scholar must be able to attend the NOGI banquet to personally accept the award November 2, 2017, in Orlando Florida.
Link for More Information:
If you have questions or need more information about the Zale Parry Scholarship, use their contact form. The link is: https://www.auas-nogi.org/contact