The Youth Atlantic Treaty Association of Spain is pleased to invite you to the fourth edition of the Youth Mediterranean Dialogue.
The YMD 2017 is an international and multicultural event that will gather young students and junior professionals together for a week long event held in the military residence “Don Quijote”, in downtown Madrid. It will be possible because of the support of our most important and loyal sponsor, the Spanish Ministry of Defence, and especially through the guide and coordination of DICOES-SEGENPOL (Coordination and Security and Defence Studies Division- Secretary General of Defence Policy).
All meals -including the coffee breaks- that will be provided to you, as well as every logistic equipment or service inside the residence, are courtesy of the Ministry. It is thanks to it that we exist as an organization and that we are able to celebrate the Youth Mediterranean Dialogue once again. This Ministry has always been committed to the youth. It has always supported new generations, thus making our development as future young professionals possible. We could not be more thankful.
- Increase their knowledges on defense/ security studies.
- Attend lectures provided by high professionals.
- Visit places otherwise they would not have the clearance to visit.
- Be offered on a first come first serve basis.
- Debate involve in a multicultural and international enviroment.
- Networking opportunities.
- Live together in a multicultural enviroment.
- Participation certificate.
- High English level.
- 20-30 years old
- Area of education: Political Science, International Relations, Law, Journalism or other Social Sciences.
- No work experience is required.
- No previous participation in international models is required but preferable.
Eligible Regions: Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Repblic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway. Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Montenegro, Albania, Western Sahara, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Mauritania, Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco, Algeria, Lebanon, Palestine, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
So why wait to apply? With such a unique and exciting opportunity at hand, places on the event are limited and will be offered on a first come first serve basis. The diverse community created at the event will include young people from NATO and MENA, all of whom shall get to experience different aspects of military life that otherwise remain unavailable to the general public. It truly is an opportunity not to be missed.
The fee is 120€ for individual participants and 200€ for a delegation of two (100€ per person).
Application Deadline: July 15, 2017