Offers are currently available for The TWAS-CIIT Fellowship Programme for Postgraduate Research fellowships for young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to obtain all or part (sandwich or full-time) of their PhD in natural or social sciences. Applicants are to submit applications before the stated deadline and eligibility criteria is a noteworthy information.
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): Pakistan
Eligible Field of Study: An eligible candidate must hold an MSc degree in a field of natural sciences(Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physics). If applying in a field of eligible social sciences, hold an MSc degree in a field of social sciences.
About the Award: The TWAS-CIIT Fellowship Programme for Postgraduate Research offers fellowships to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to obtain all or part (sandwich or full-time) of their PhD in natural or social sciences. Duration: minimum of six months to a maximum of 3 years (up to 18 months for a sandwich programme).
Type: PhD Fellowship
Eligibility: Candidates for this fellowship must meet the following criteria:
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- Must not be on site in Pakistan;
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- Be a maximum age of 35 years by 31 December in the year of application;
- For SANDWICH Fellowships: be registered Ph.D. students in a developing country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (see sample in guidelines);
- For Full-time Fellowships: be willing to register at a university in Pakistan;
- Provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from CIIT. Requests for acceptance must be sent to Dr. Tariq-Ur-Rahman (by e-mail: tariqurrahman-at-comsats.edu.pk) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Dr. Tariq-Ur-Rahman, candidates must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline; Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: CIIT will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
Duration of Fellowship: Minimum of six months to a maximum of 3 years (up to 18 months for a sandwich programme)
How to Apply: Starting in 2017, applications can only be submitted via the online portal using the APPLY NOW button at the bottom of this page.
Award Provider: TWAS, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology(CIIT)