Level: Young India Fellowship is a one year postgraduate programme at Ashoka University.
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded in multi-disciplinary programme focused on the Liberal Arts. Fellows take classes in a range of subject areas that cover anthropology to ethics, life sciences to climate change, art appreciation to entrepreneurship.
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Young India Fellowship Programme is targeted for Indian students
|Scholarship covers: The Young India Fellowship offers scholarships that cover, in full or in part:
-Tuition expenses for lectures and workshops delivered by the very best teachers and experts from around the world
-Board and lodging expenses
-Cost of reading and course materials, library subscriptions and purchase of text books
Applicants will be doing an internship in a project based on their liking and background. YIF has conceived the Experiential Learning Module, or ELM, to complement the academic work with real work experience. The ELM work is supported by a team of coaches who provide essential guidance on structuring business problems, analysis and presentations. Fellows will undertake eight month-long engagement with an organisation after completing the first two terms of the programme.
Young India Fellowship Programme is open to all young men and women with:
- A recognized undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Students who are in the final year of their undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- No more than 28 years of age on 31st May, 2017
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to submit a detailed application dossier.
‣ The selection process includes the following stages: evaluation of the submitted application, telephone interview, a short on-the-spot essay writing test followed by a personal interview.
‣ The students could choose one of the two following ways to apply to the programme:
- Apply online by registering yourself on the YIF website -Download the application from Application Form ) the YIF website and fill it up manually and send it to YIF office.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 17th December 2017
Applications for the Class of 2019 will open on August 25th, 2017 and close on March 04th, 2018. YIF follows a rolling admissions process and is split into two rounds. YIF accepts applications within a specified date-window and selects Fellows from the pool of applications from that round. Please refer to the calendar below for important dates for the two rounds.
Applications open: 25th August, 2017 Last date to submit application: 17th December, 2017 Telephonic interviews: 16th October, 2017 – 31st January, 2018 In-person interviews: 11th December, 2017 – 15th March, 2018 Final offers to Selected Candidates: 1st February, 2018- 25th March, 2018 Final offers to wait-listed candidates: 16th June, 2018- 25th June, 2018
Applications open: 18th December, 2017 Last date to submit application: 4th March, 2018 Telephonic interviews: 1st February, 2018- 15th May, 2018 In-person interviews: 16th March, 2018- 10th June, 2018 Final offers to Round 2 applicants: 26th March, 2018- 15th June, 2018 Final offers to wait-listed candidates : 16th June, 2018- 25th June, 2018
Deadline: 17th December 2017.
University Campus Plot #2, Rajiv Gandhi Education City Kundli Haryana – 131029 Landline: +91 0130-2300000 Phone: +91 81999 77076 | +91 9958293745 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website : www.ashoka.edu.in/yif
Programme begins for Class of 2018-19: 16th July, 2018
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.