Last updated on February 15th, 2018 at 06:59 pm
The World of 7Billion is organizing the 2018 Edition of the Student Video Contest in USA for all middle and high school students from anywhere in the world. The student can win cash prizes by creating a short video on a global challenge impacted by population growth. The program has developed age-appropriate curricula to complement students’ science and social science instruction about human population trends and their impacts on natural resources, environmental quality and human well-being. The winners of the video contest will receive a different – different cash prizes among their eligibility of applicants.
Population Education, a program of Population Connection, is the only national program with a strong emphasis on curriculum and professional development for K-12 educators that focuses on human population issues.
Awards will be presented as follows:
- Challenge topic: “Climate Change”
- Challenge topic: “Rapid Urbanization”
- Challenge topic: “Ocean Health”
Four winners will be chosen for each challenge topic as the High School Level.
- First Place: $1000
- Second Place: $500
- Honorable mentions: $250
Two winners will be chosen for each challenge topic at the Middle School Level.
- First Place: $500
- Runner-up: $250
All applicants must be:
- Any middle or high school student (grade 6-12, or the international equivalent) is free to enter.
- Students may be located anywhere in the world.
How to Apply:
- Create a short video – up to 60 seconds – about human population growth that highlights one of the following global challenges: Climate Change, Ocean Health, or Rapid Urbanization. All videos must include:
- How population growth impacts the issue and
- At least one idea for a sustainable solution
- Consider narrowing your focus by concentrating on a subtheme within your topic. Possible subthemes include:
- Climate Change – weather events and patterns, impact on
agriculture, impact on coastal cities, human health, ecosystem disruption
- Ocean Health – overfishing, coral bleaching, climate regulation, habitat loss, pollution, dead zones
- Rapid Urbanization – sprawl, sanitation, air and water quality, megacities, migration, slums and informal settlements
You can fill the entries & submit your video through the given link: https://www.worldof7billion.org/entry-form/
You can submit complete application packet at:
Scanned/emailed to Worldof7Billion-at-populationconnection.org
Faxed to: 202-332-2302
Mailed to: World of 7 Billion contest,
2120 L Street NW #500,
Washington, DC 20037.
All entries must be uploaded by 5:00 pm (Eastern Time, US) on Thursday, February 23, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at Worldof7Billion-at-populationconnection.org
Call at 800-767-1956