SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
World Customs Organization is offering a number of scholarships for those interested in pursuing a Master’s Degree Programme in Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) programme at the Aoyama Gakuin University, Japan.
The Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights Program (SMIPRP) is a 12-month master’s degree program at AGU’s Graduate School of Business and offers cutting-edge classes and practical management skills for future leaders, particularly in customs organizations around the world.
Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) is one of the top private universities in Asia, located in the heart of metropolitan Tokyo, Japan.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) programme.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings;
- A monthly stipend which covers accommodations, meals, transportation, and other expenses. It cannot be increased to cover family members if any. The amount of stipend is subject to change according to the decision of the Japanese Government.
- Admission and tuition fees are paid by the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship Program.
- Round-trip economy-class air tickets between your home country and Japan is provided.
Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A candidate must be a customs officer of a developing member of the WCO with quality work experience of at least three years in the field of customs policy and administration in his/her home country.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in IPR border enforcement, and who are expected to work in the IPR-related section of their Customs administration after this Scholarship Programme.
- After the completion of the Programme, the candidates should continue to work in their home Customs administration for 3 years at least. After half a year and 3 years from the completion of the Programme, they should report to the university indicating the post they occupy in their home administration and how they have been utilizing the experience they acquired in Japan.
- A candidate must be in good health and preferably under 40 years of age as of April 1, 2017.
Nationality: Citizens of developing members of the WCO are eligible to apply.
List of Countries: South America, North America, Central America and the Caribbean: Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominican Republic , Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela, Europe: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, European Union, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan, East and Southern Africa: Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, North of Africa, Near and Middle East: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen, West and Central Africa: Benin, Burkina Fas, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, (Republic of the) Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo and East, South and South East Asia, Australasia and the Pacific Islands: Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Fiji, Hong Kong, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Korea, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Macau, China, Malaysia, Maldives ,Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Union of Myanmar, Vanuatu and Vietnam
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have bachelor’s degree or higher.
Test Requirement: No
English language Requirements: English Proficiency:
- A suitable level of proficiency in English to be able to write a thesis is required.
- For those who have not received undergraduate/graduate education in English, please submit an official score report or certificate of exams with the following minimum scores or above.
- TOEFL iBT(internet based test) 79, TOEFL PBT(paper based test) 550, IELTS 6.0 (in each band)
- The score should be obtained within the past two years of the application.
- TOEFL ITP score is not accepted.
- For those who have received education in English, please obtain an official proof letter from the graduated university.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
- Application Form (Form 1)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (Form 2)
- Certificate of Employment Status and Acceptance for Leave of Absence (Form 3)
- Photocopy of diplomas from all colleges/universities attended with a signature and seal from the 3rd party. If your diplomas are not English, please provide an official translation.
- Original English Transcript(s) issued by all colleges/universities attended (if your transcript is not English, please provide an official translation)
- Standardized test information – originally issued TOEFL or IELTS score report (only for those whose undergraduate/graduate education was not conducted in English. If received your education in English, please submit a proof letter issued by the university you have graduated from)
- A photocopy of either a paper, report, thesis, or book written in English, if any
- An Assignment Paper (Form 4)
- A Research Proposal at the SMIPRP (Form 5)
- WCO Nomination Form (Form 6: if applicable, please submit the form. The form needs to be completed by, or under the authority of, the Head of the nominating administration e.g. Director General, Commissioner or equivalent official)
- A photocopy of your passport
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 31, 2017.