Applications are now been invited for the 2017-2018 Pakistan Scottish Scholarships Scheme for Women in Pakistan submissions will continue till 10 September . This scholarship program is funded by the The Scottish Government and is availed for young women in Pakistan. These scholarships are awarded to pursue Masters’ degree in Pakistani universities. Applicants are encouraged to ensure that the meet up with stated eligibility criteria to avoid disqualification.
‣ The Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme is a grant funded by the Scottish Government, specifically in order to create opportunities for young women in Pakistan to be able to pursue higher education at the post-graduate level.
‣ The scheme aims to facilitate and provide assistance to young women from disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue a Masters’ degree in Pakistani universities.
‣ The scheme has been initiated in response to the identified need of young women in the country who are deprived of the resources and opportunities to pursue and continue their education, and as a consequence to enable them to contribute positively to their community and society.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Pakistan
Level: Scholarships are awarded for higher education at the postgraduate level in Pakistani universities.
Field(s): The scholarship will cover a Master’s degree at any HEC-recognised university of Pakistan in one of the following subject areas:
- Sustainable Energy
- Food Security and Agriculture
- Health Sciences
- STEM Engineering
Deadline: 10 September
Funded By: Scottish Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Pakistan Scottish scholarships Scheme is targeted for Students of Pakistan (Women)
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The award will last the duration of the proposed Masters’ programme.
‣ Scholarship covers: The British Council Pakistan will administer the PS3 in Pakistan and coordinate with the selected scholars for their tuition fee, subsistence and related issues. The Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme (PS3) will facilitate the award-holders with the following incentives: -Tuition fee for the Master’s courses -University hostel costs -Subsistence to the award-holder -Travel to and from home to the university, three times a year
To be eligible for Pakistan Scottish scholarships Scheme , applicant must fit the following criteria:-
- Only female applicants can apply
- Applicant should be a Pakistani national, currently residing in Pakistan
- Undertaking a one or two-year Masters’ programme only
- Applicant must hold a confirmed offer from a HEC-recognised university in Pakistan
- Young women from rural areas are encouraged to apply
Scholarship Application Method
‣ APPLYING ONLINE
The online application form can be filled and submitted by clicking here.
APPLYING VIA COURIER
Application forms can also be downloaded from the DOWNLOADS section below.
Completed applications should be sent via courier to the British Council Islamabad office at the following address:
Pakistan Scottish Scholarships Scheme British Council PakistanPO Box 1135, Islamabad
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 10 September .
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.