The Telethon Kids Institute is inviting applications for Wesfarmers Centre Higher Degree Research Scholarships. Successful applications will receive up to $10,000 per annum tax free for a Honours (1 year), Masters (2 years), MD (2 years) or PhD (3 years) student at any stage in candidature.
The mission of the Telethon Kids Institute’s Wesfarmers Centre of Vaccines & Infectious Diseases (Wesfarmers Centre) is to reduce the burden of serious childhood infectious diseases by finding better prevention and treatment solutions.
The Telethon Kids Institute is an Australian medical research institute focused on the prevention of paediatric disease and the development of improved treatments to improve the health and wellbeing of children.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to undertake a higher degree by research at an Australian university.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Successful applications will receive up to $10,000 per annum tax free for a Honours (1 year), Masters (2 years), MD (2 years) or PhD (3 years) student at any stage in candidature.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: Successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled at an Australian university for ?0.5FTE
- Contingent on receiving a Research Training Program award (formally the Australian Postgraduate Awards) or an equivalent scheme
- Be an employee of the Telethon Kids Institute, or postgraduate student whose supervisor holds a permanent/honorary position at the Telethon Kids Institute
- Have a proposed research topic in line with the research of the Wesfarmers Centre, i.e. aimed at reducing the burden of serious childhood infectious diseases by finding better diagnostic, prevention and treatment solutions
Nationality: Australian citizens are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be currently enrolled at an Australian university for ?0.5FTE
How to Apply: Applications should be in a single PDF document and include:
- A 1-page introductory letter containing the following information:
Enrolling university and school;
A statement addressing the eligibility criteria;
The title of the proposed Honours, Masters, MD, or PhD project;
A list of all supervisors, including where each is located, and the % of supervision for each; and
Contact details of two independent referees (i.e. not supervisors).
- Outline of the proposed project, including aim and objectives, methodology, expected deliverables, and potential translatable impact (max. 2 pages).
- A copy of highest academic record final transcript or previous year MD results (or equivalent).
- Curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages).
- A short statement from Telethon Kids Institute supervisor stating they have discussed the project and support your application for this award (may be in the form of an email from the supervisor).
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 31, 2017.