Applications are currently been accepted for the Wells Mountain Education Undergraduate Scholarship Program for Developing Countries 2018, eligible persons are by this notice invited to apply.
Wells Mountain Foundation offers undergraduate scholarship to students from developing countries to study in their home country or any other developing country. The foundation’s hope is that by providing the opportunity to further one’s education, the scholarship participants will not only be able to improve their own future, but also that of their own communities. The foundation believes in the power and importance of community service and, as a result, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of one month a year.
Field: All fields are eligible although WMF intend to favor helping professions such as health care, social work, education, social justice, as well as, professions that help the economy and progress of the country such as computers, engineering, agriculture and business.
Eligible Countries; Developing Countries
Who is qualified to apply? To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicant must be a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
- plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
- has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
- may have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
- submits a complete, legible application in English (please proof-read). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation written by someone who knows you, but is not a family member, who can tell why you deserve to receive a WMF scholarship. What qualities do you possess that will make you an excellent student, a successful graduate and a responsible citizen who will give back to his or her country? These letters of recommendation may come from a teacher, a religious leader, volunteer supervisor, or an employer.
Application Deadline: 1st April, 2018
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details