SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Applications are now been submitted for the Walter International Graduate and Professional Fellowships in USA 2018, eligible persons are by this notice invited to apply.
Walter H. Judd was born in Rising City, Nebraska, (population 499) on September 25, 1898. He earned his medical degree at the University of Nebraska – Omaha in 1923. Judd soon felt the call to public service. He left for China in the summer of 1925 and spent five years at a mission hospital in Shaowu in southern China caring for the sick and dying.
Level: Fellowships are available to study, undertake internships and conduct research projects abroad.
Field(s): all subjects available at University of Minnesota
Scholarship covers: Up to $2,500 may be requested to support travel, living, and allied academic or professional expenses abroad. The fellowship also provides international medical insurance for all recipients for the duration of their project abroad.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Abroad
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Walter International Graduate and Professional Fellowships are targeted for citizens of any country (enrolled in a master’s or professional degree program at the University of Minnesota at the time of application) can apply for this fellowship programme.
To be eligible for Walter International Graduate and Professional Fellowships.
- Students must be enrolled in a master’s or professional degree program at the University of Minnesota at the time of application and be enrolled for at least one semester after completion of the project.
- Students who will have completed required credits for the degree before undertaking the international project are not eligible for the award.
- (Students enrolled in one-year master’s degree programs may have the return requirement waived. Waivers of the return requirement for other students will be considered on a case-by-case basis.) Former Judd recipients and Ph.D./doctoral students are not eligible.
- Applicants may be citizens of any country. Since a primary goal is to expand international experiences, the fellowship is not intended to support projects in a student’s home country; therefore, such applicants will need to make a very compelling case.
- Master’s or professional degree student (Ph.D./doctoral students are not eligible)
- Return enrollment requirement of one semester after completion of project
- A minimum of 21 days in country
- Research clearance from the foreign government (if required)
Scholarship Application Method
The application process is completed through an online application system that includes the following sections:
- Project overview (dates, destination, type of project, etc.)
- Project proposal
- Biographical statement
- International experience
- Postsecondary institutions attended
- Scholarships and grants received
- Project budget
- Graduate/professional degree transcipt(s)
- Letter of invitation, approvals (if applicable)
- Contact information for recommenders (see Letters of Recommendation below)
Letters of Recommendation
Applicants are also required to obtain two letters of recommendation—one letter must be from the applicant’s current academic adviser. Letters will be submitted through the online application system. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that both letters are submitted by the deadline.
Travel to countries on the State Department warning list
Information about obtaining permission from the University’s International Travel Risk Assessment and Advisory Committee to travel to a country on the State Department travel warning list.
Mandatory reporting and insurance requirements
Learn about the reporting and insurance requirements for traveling abroad for University purposes.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 4:30 p.m. on February 9, 2018.
Contact: Meaka Pitschka, 612-626-9123, firstname.lastname@example.org
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.