The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is inviting applicants for its Visual Arts Fellowships for the academic year 2018-2019. These fellowships are available for US applicants.
The aim of the fellowships is to support to students who demonstrate exceptional creative ability in their chosen discipline.
The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, or VMFA, is an art museum in Richmond, Virginia, in the United States.
Course Level: These fellowships are available for professional artists and art, and art history students.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in visual arts and art history.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- Professional artists: $8000
- Full-time graduate students in the visual arts or art history: $6000
- Full-time undergrad. students in the visual arts (including college-bound high school seniors): $4000
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, as well as a current legal resident of Virginia, and have been so for at least 24 consecutive months prior to the application deadline.
- Applicants must continue to be a legal resident of Virginia for the Fellowship period of Aug 2018–May 2019. A legal resident has a valid Virginia driver’s license, and/or pays income taxes in Virginia, and/or is a registered Virginia voter. Applicants must be able to provide verification of residency upon request.
- Applicants cannot be a degree-seeking student at the time of the application deadline nor plan to be a degree-seeking student during the Fellowship period of Aug 2018–May 2019.
Nationality: US applicants are eligible for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- General Application Form
- Work Samples (Images/videos/papers)
- Work Sample Submission Form/list (outlined in How to apply)
- Artistic Statement (visual arts only)
- Transcript (students only)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 3, 2017.