SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The 4th edition of Visa For Music, the first professional music market for Africa and the Middle East, will be held from 22th to 25th November 2017 in Rabat, Morocco. 30 artists or groups are going to be selected by a qualified jury to perform in front of music industry professionals from all over the world.
- Only professional artists and bands having at least one year of activity and a stage experience will be considered.
- Only applicants over 18 years old will be considered.
- The closing date for applicants is 15 April 2017 (the date of the postmark applies).
- Only complete files and sent by the deadline will be considered.
- The material sent must be exempted from customs duties mentioning “promotional material with no commercial value”. If not, Visa For Music may refuse them.
- The results will be published on Visa For Music official website starting from July 2017.
- Artists / bands will be selected by Visa For Music’s selection committee and jury.
- Visa For Music is unable to return materials and documents to applicants.
- If the band is selected, Visa For Music will request exclusive performance rights within a month and a 200 km radius in Morocco.
- Visa For Music provides the place where the showcases take place as well as the list of the available backline.
- The organization provides all the necessary equipment for bands’ performances; any element/material that does not show on the list should be borne by the band.
- Bands’ performances cannot exceed 45 minutes and are aimed for music professionals.
Number of Awardees: 30 artists or groups
Value of Scholarship: Fully-funded to Rabat, Morocco. For selected artists, Visa For Music will borne the following expenses for 8 persons at the most:
- Hotel expenses in twin rooms for two nights maximum (including breakfast) for international bands and twin rooms for one night maximum (including breakfast) for national bands.
- All local transport costs related to the performance
- Meals (for 3 days maximum)
- Passes giving access to concerts and all activities for the whole duration of the event
- Presence in Visa For Music’s official catalogue and official website.
- For each selected band, Visa For Music will provide one professional pass to one person representing the band.
Duration of Scholarship: 22nd to 25th November 2017
How to Apply: To apply to participate to the 4th edition of Visa For Music, send the documents mentioned below. Any incomplete application or received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Application form available
- Visa For Music rules and regulations form signed (see LINK in link below)
- 2 copies of the artist’s/band’s CD to send by post or a wetransfer with all the tracks
- Press kit (information about artist/group, biography, discography, photos…)
- Technical Rider
Applications should be sent by email to the following adress (preferably use wetransfer or dropbox):
Printed applications by post are highly appreciated and should be sent to the following address :
Visa for Music
BP 13431 Talborjt
Award Provider: Visa for Music
Application Deadline: 15th April 2017.
Eligible Regions: Africa and the Middle East to be hosted in rabat Morocco
Important Notes: Results will be posted online on our official website starting from July 2017.