US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor PhD Scholarships for Pakistani Scholars in USA, 2017
The aim of the scholarship is to support Pakistan’s efforts to strengthen its University system by jointly increasing the number of Pakistani faculties who obtain their PhD in the US universities.
The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan is an independent, autonomous, and constitutionally established institution of primary funding, overseeing, regulating, and accrediting the higher education efforts in Pakistan. HEC offer a number of services designed especially for students to help and support throughout their academic studies. The HEC also facilitated the development of the higher educational system in the country with the main purpose of upgrading the universities and colleges in the country. HEC has received praise from the international higher education observers.
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the subjects of Arts & Humanities; Design & Media; Water Resources & Energy, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, Business Sciences, Agriculture & Food security, Veterinary Sciences, Engineering & Technology, Emerging Technology, Nano-Technology, Computers, Medical & Allied Health Sciences, Bio-Technology, Telecommunications, Human-made Materials, Robotics, Microelectronics.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will be offered for a maximum period of 5 years on the basis of academic merit, & US university acceptance letter. The grant will not cover the tuition fee.
Numbers of Scholarships: 1500 scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Be Pakistani citizen/national/AJK nationals who meet other criteria.
- Have MS, M Phil or equivalent degree (18 years of formal education) from an accredited university/institution approved by Higher Education Commission, prior to this program, relating to selected fields for the PhD Degree Program.
- Have a maximum age of 40 for regular faculty members and researchers of public sector universities/R&D organizations, subject to NOC issuance and for all others maximum age of 35 at the time of the closing date of application submission.
- Have an active commitment to serve the universities/R&D organisations in Pakistan after the completion of studies under the scheme. All selected applicants are required to sign a bond to return back and work in Pakistan for a minimum of five years upon completion of degree program.
- Individuals who have availed/availing any other HEC scholarship are eligible for this scholarship program subject to approval by Steering Committee, US-Pak Knowledge Corridor, HEC.
Nationality: Applicants of Pakistan can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have MS, M Phil or equivalent degree.
English Language Requirement: TOEFL is an admission requirement at U.S. institutions for applicants whose native language is not English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through online mode.
- Applicants will be required to create user ID by using your CNIC (without dashes) as User ID and select your password.
- Create an Account and fill the required information available on the screen.
- Click and obtain ‘Mobile Code’ on your provided mobile no. for further process. (Currently, MNC / Ported numbers are not supported)
- After receiving a code on your mobile enter the code.
- Enter your email ID and click Send Code. You will receive a code on your provided email.
- Please enter a valid email ID.
- Perform code verification and click on submission.
- You will be registered successfully. Please check your email for further information.
- You will be required enter your created ‘User ID’ & ‘Password’ then ‘Sign in’ on HEC E-portal.
- Complete online profile section
- Click ‘Scholarships and Grants’ on left ‘Navigation’ and then ‘US-PAK Knowledge Corridor Application’.
- Now follow instructions, fill and submit the form successfully.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 10, 2017.