Applications are now accessible for the UNU-INWEH International Internship Programme for international students,applications should be persons who are passionate to make a difference in matters of international importance such as water,environment and health.
Are you a recent graduate or enrolled in a graduate program? Are you interested in making a difference in environmental research and policy? If so, then the UNU-INWEH Internship Programme could be for you!
Application Deadline: june annually
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Canada
About the Award: Our interns have come from Canada, France, India, Mali, Mexico, Pakistan, the United Kingdom, the USA, and elsewhere. UNU-INWEH provides interns a chance to work in an international environment and experience first-hand the operations of the United Nations. In this volunteer program, interns interact with staff members and contribute towards UN water research and training projects conducted in developing countries.
Interns are recruited through a competitive application process through (1) specific vacancy announcements (listed on the vacancies page) or (2) unsolicited applications (open).
- Academic Qualifications & Fields of Interest: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in an area relevant to UNU-INWEH’s field of work.
- Languages: excellent spoken and written English; knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
- Computer skills: ability to use office-related software (Microsoft Office) and hardware (PC).
- Attitude: awareness and ability to adapt to a multicultural environment and a commitment to international public service are essential. Applicants should demonstrate good communication skills and show initiative and flexibility.
- Availability: the duration of an internship is a minimum of three months (full-time).
- Insurance: proof of insurance coverage for the entire period of the internship.
Selection Criteria: The selection will take into consideration academic achievements and research accomplishments, two letters of recommendation, and your statement of purpose. Further documents may be requested only if shortlisted
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program:
- Interns are expected to work full time and will be provided office space and facilities as appropriate for their work.
- UNU-INWEH does not offer any financial assistance for the internship and all candidates are required to indicate means of support for the duration of the internship.
- Interns will be awarded a certificate at the successful completion of their internship.
Duration of Program: All interns are required to make a 3-month (minimum) to 6-month (maximum) full-time commitment. There is no fixed start date for internships.
How to Apply: Interns are recruited through a competitive application process through (1) specific vacancy announcements (listed on our vacancies page) or (2) unsolicited applications (open). Both require a 3-month (minimum) to 6-month (maximum) full-time commitment.
To apply to the UNU-INWEH Internship Programme, complete the following steps:
- Ensure you satisfy the Eligibility Criteria.
- Fill out all five of the required application documents.
- Email or fax your application to the UNU-INWEH Internship Coordinator.
- Only complete applications (i.e., containing all five required documents) will be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Your internship application will be considered valid for 12 months from the submission date.
- If applicants do not receive a response within 12 months of submission, the application has not been retained.
Award Provider: Institute for Water, Environment and Health, United Nations University