Last updated on March 20th, 2018 at 08:42 am
The University of Manchester is inviting applications from qualified candidates for University of Manchester Full-time Campus Masters Scholarships for Ugandan Students 2017/2018
Fields of Study:
Scholarships are available in a wide range of subjects including Engineering, Environment, Medical and Life Sciences, and Law. Scholarships are not available for business and finance courses.
To be taken at (country):
The master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds. To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- have at least two years’ relevant post-graduation work experience (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- hold a first or upper second class (or the equivalent) undergraduate degree;
- be a resident citizen of Uganda and have not previously studied outside Africa;
- be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Uganda;
- have a clear idea how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
All applicants will need to demonstrate competency in the English language. In most cases you will need the following, as a minimum, to satisfy the general English language criteria and go through to the final selection round.
- English grade of 4 in UCE (Uganda Certificate of Education)
- IELTS score of 6.5 (with no sub-test less than 5.5)
- BT TOEFL: overall score of at least 90, with no sub-test below 22
Value of Scholarship:
The scholarships cover full tuition fees, return international air fares and living expenses
How to Apply:
Applications for entry in September 2018 are now closed.
We will open for applications for entry in September 2019 in October 2018.
Note that there is a clear separation between the process of awarding the scholarships and our admissions procedure. Scholarships are awarded entirely on merit. It is not necessary to have an academic offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. There is no advantage or disadvantage in having an academic offer. If you are selected for the scholarship you will be automatically admitted for the course of your choice.
Stay up to date
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries.
Award Provider: University of Manchester, UK