University of Birmingham Lebanon Global Study UK Outstanding Achievement Scholarship
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce one scholarship award of £3000 for a Lebanon based student applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2017.
This is a joint award with our local representative, GlobalStudyUK, and will be awarded to the highest performing student starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2017/18.
Value of Award
The scholarship award is for £3000 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2017.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2017. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Lebanese domiciled (ie habitually resident in Lebanon).
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2017 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred). Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representative – ‘GlobalStudyUK’.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with ‘GlobalStudyUK’ by 1 July 2017
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with ‘GlobalStudyUK’ by 1 July 2017. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit with the decision announced in late July. The scholarship will be awarded upon the student’s enrolment in September 2017.
If you do have outstanding questions please contact our local representative:
Global Study UK
Mon – Fri 9am – 5:30pm
Sat – Sun – By appointment
Hoda Mourad, Harouni Building, Ground Floor, Thomas Edisson Street
Ramlet El Baida
Tel: +961 3999795
Alt Tel: 01 810 835
Alt Tel: 01 811 432
Centre Byblos 2412, 4th Floor, Apartment 27, Mar Gerges Street, facing Ksar Restaurant
Tel: +961 9542806