The University of Michigan is delighted to invite applicants for the NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship at in USA , 2018-2019, Only eligible persons will be considered for this program and all applications must be submitted before the stated deadline.
The National Center for Institutional Diversity (NCID) represents a commitment by the University of Michigan to affirm the central value of institutional diversity to the public mission of US colleges and universities.
Level: Postdoctoral Research Program
Field(s): all disciplines available at NCID
Scholarship covers: We anticipate awarding two NCID Postdoctoral Fellowships during the 2018-2019 academic year. The salary for the Postdoctoral Fellows is $55,000 per year plus benefits.
Fellows will receive additional support for conference travel and other research-related expenses. Each of the Fellowships offer protected research time, faculty mentoring, and career development opportunities
School(Institutions/ Country): | National Center for Institutional Diversity (NCID)
Applications are welcome from scholars engaging in diversity scholarship, in any field or department represented in the University of Michigan’s schools and colleges. Applicants’ doctoral degrees should be completed between January 1, 2011 and July 1, 2018.
- Guided by the mission of the National Center for Institutional Diversity (NCID), the NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship Fellows and Scholars Program is designed to promote the outstanding work of early career diversity scholars throughout the nation.
- This includes those who have recently earned a PhD, as well as those who currently hold early career tenure-track positions.
- While looking for alignment with NCID’s priorities and strategies, a successful candidate will also be highly competitive for a tenure-track faculty position at the University of Michigan or a peer institution.
- This involves demonstrated excellence not only in the area of diversity, but also in the areas of teaching, service, and research more broadly.
- All postdoctoral applicants are welcome and they are especially interested in attracting national scholars who received doctoral degrees outside the University of Michigan.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants may directly apply for the Postdoctoral Fellowship through the NCID Slideroom website.
‣ Once there, applicants will be prompted to create a user account to complete the application and upload all required documents.
‣ Required application materials include:
The application for the NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship will be available at https://ncid.infoready4.com/ and will require the submission of:
- Statement of proposed scholarship and writing to be conducted during the fellowship year;
- Statement of contribution explaining how the applicant’s scholarship and demonstrated diversity commitments will contribute to both NCID and a related U-M academic or research unit;
- Dissertation abstract;
- Writing sample (of publications, or works under review or in progress); and
- At least two letters of recommendation.
Contact InformationThe NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is administered by the National Center for Institutional Diversity at the University of Michigan. For any questions relating to recruitment, eligibility, technical issues, or program details, please contact:National Center for Institutional Diversity
610 East University Avenue, Suite 3338
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Deadline: November 7
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 7. November 1, 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
The NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is administered by the National Center for Institutional Diversity at the University of Michigan. For any questions relating to recruitment, eligibility, technical issues, or program details, please contact:Devin WalkerNational Center for Institutional Diversity610 East University Avenue, Room 3338Ann Arbor, MI firstname.lastname@example.org (fax)