Last updated on February 28th, 2017 at 11:04 am
The University of Glasgow awards 50 undergraduate Talent Scholarships each academic year to support students who could face financial difficulties in taking up their place to study at the University. The value of each scholarship is £1,000 p.a. for each year of the degree programme, subject to satisfactory progress. Talent Scholarships are available to students entering any of the University’s colleges. Dental School students are eligible for a talent scholarship in their first year of study only; they are eligible for the NHS Dental Bursary in the following years.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be resident in Scotland for 3 years prior to the start of their programme for a purpose other than studying and be classified as a ‘Home’ student for fee purposes.
- be undertaking their first full-time undergraduate degree
- demonstrate that their or their family’s circumstances are such that they may find it difficult to take up a place at the University for financial or other reasons.
- demonstrate excellent academic achievement before starting University (see below).
The Talent Scholarships Panel will give significant weight to academic attainment. As the scholarships are competitive, the level of academic attainment necessary to obtain a scholarship will depend on the field of applicants in any given year. The Panel would, however, normally expect a Talent Scholarship holder to have minimum qualifications that were broadly comparable with three As and two Bs or four As at Higher.
- All SWAP applicants (excluding Access to Sciences) are required to have a profile score of 3 As
- Access to Science applicants will require a satisfactory profile with performance at Grade A
Open Studies Access
- 2As and 2Bs
(Applications from students participating in other access programmes will be considered on individual merit)
- Applicants must normally achieve A grades in each of their Graded Units to be considered for a Talent Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scotland
- Accountancy & Finance (ug) Accounting & Mathematics (ug) Accounting & Statistics (ug)Aeronautical Engineering (ug)
- Aeronautical Engineering (in partnership with SIT) (ug)Aerospace Systems (ug)Aerospace Systems (in partnership with SIT) (ug)Anatomy (ug)Archaeology (ug)Astronomy (ug)Biochemistry (ug)Biomedical Engineering (ug)Business & Management (ug)Business Economics (ug)Celtic Civilisation (ug)Celtic Studies (ug)Central & East European Studies (ug)Chemical Physics (ug)
- Chemistry (ug)Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry (ug)Childhood Practice (ug)Civil Engineering (ug)Civil Engineering (jointly offered with SIT) (ug)Civil Engineering with Architecture (ug)Classics (Classical Civilisation) (ug)Community Development (ug)
- Comparative Literature (ug)Computing Science (ug)Computing Science (in partnership with SIT) (ug)Dentistry (ug)
- Digital Media & Information Studies (ug)Earth Science (ug)Economic & Social History (ug)Economics (ug)
- Education with Teaching Qualification (Primary) (ug)Electronic & Software Engineering (ug)Electronics & Electrical Engineering (ug)Electronics & Electrical Engineering (in partnership with UESTC) (ug)Electronics with Music (ug)English Language (ug)English Literature (ug)Environmental Science & Sustainability (Dumfries Campus) (ug)Film & Television Studies (ug)Finance & Mathematics (ug)Finance & Statistics (ug)French (ugGaelic (ug)Genetics (ug)Geography (ug)German (ug)
- Greek (ug)Health & Social Policy (Dumfries Campus) (ug)Hispanic Studies (ug)History (ug)History of Art (ug)Human Biology (ug)Human Biology & Nutrition (ug)Immunology (ug)Informatics (ug)Italian (ug)Latin (ug)Law (ug)Law (graduate entry) (ug)
- Marine & Freshwater Biology (ug)Mathematics (ug)Mechanical Design Engineering (ug)Mechanical Design Engineering (in partnership with SIT) (ug)Mechanical Engineering (ug)Mechanical Engineering with Aeronautics (ug)Mechatronics (ug)
- Mechatronics (in partnership with SIT) (ug)Medicine (ug)Microbiology (ug)Molecular & Cellular Biology (ug)Molecular & Cellular Biology (with Biotechnology) (ug)Molecular & Cellular Biology (with Plant Science) (ug)Music BMus (ug)Music MA (ug)
- Neuroscience (ug)Nursing (ug)Parasitology (ug)Pharmacology (ug)Philosophy (ug)Physics / Theoretical Physics (ug)
- Physics with Astrophysics (ug)Physiology (ug)Physiology & Sports Science (ug)Physiology, Sports Science & Nutrition (ug)Politics (ug)Portuguese (ug)Primary Education with Teaching Qualification (Dumfries Campus) (ug)Product Design Engineering (ug)Psychology (ug)Religious & Philosophical Education (ug)Russian (ug)Scottish History (ug)Scottish Literature (ug)Singapore programmes (ug)Social & Public Policy (ug)Sociology (ug)Software Engineering (ug)Spanish (ug)Statistics (ug)Technological Education (ug)Theatre Studies (ug)Theology & Religious Studies (ug)Veterinary Biosciences (ug)Veterinary Medicine & Surgery (ug)Virology (ug)Zoology (ug)
Typically £1,000 per year for each year of degree programme
Number of scholarships
How to apply
STARTS FROM APRIL TO MAY 2017