The University College Dublin is delighted to invite applications for UCD Ad Astra Academic Scholarship Programme to be undertaken an undergraduate degree programme.
The programme is designed to further foster their talents by providing these students with a range of benefits, mentoring and development opportunities to allow them to perform to their full potential.
UCD is strongly committed to encouraging students with exceptional talents to develop their abilities to their full potential.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Science, Law, Business, Medicine, Nursing, Engineering, Actuarial & Financial Studies, Psychology, Physiotherapy and Veterinary Medicine.
Scholarship Award: Ad Astra scholars benefit from a scholarship, mentoring and a range of tailored supports. The value of the scholarship for new scholars entering the programme in September 2017 is €3,000 which can be used to offset the cost of fees, accommodation, or used as a bursary. If wishing to live on campus, Ad Astra scholars may avail of allocated on-campus accommodation and have their scholarship allowance applied in part payment. In addition to this scholars receive a range of academic privileges which include:
- The support of a dedicated academic mentor
- A programme of workshops and seminars by academics, distinguished alumni and guest speakers throughout the year to develop the scholars’ academic and personal potential.
- Networking and development opportunities
- The scholarship is tenable for 4 years or for the duration of the programme, whichever is the lesser, subject to meeting the criteria for scholarship renewal each year.
Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility: Prospective Students – School Leavers
Ad Astra Academic Scholarships for September 2016 onwards will be awarded on the basis of the academic criteria of 6 H1’s in the first sitting of the Leaving Cert (or A Level equivalent), as well as an online application. The application will consist of a personal statement and a statement of achievement ‘beyond the classroom’. Achievement ‘beyond the classroom’ could include:
- Achievement in national competition such as Young Scientist, Maths Olympiad or Debating
- Evidence of active citizenship or volunteering for example through a Silver or Gold Gaisce Award
- Evidence of innovation or entrepreneurship
- Evidence of leadership in a school, club or sporting context
- Achievement in cultural, musical or artistic pursuits
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The Academic scholarship is only available for people who have no prior degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Students must complete the UCD Ad Astra Academy – Academic Scholarship application form online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 21, 2017.