The University College Birmingham (UCB) is offering quit a number of scholarships including the Sporting Excellence Scholarship for international students and UK/EU students intending to pursue their studies at the school.
The Sporting Excellence Scholarships will be awarded for the upcoming academic year, and designed to encourage individuals to access programmes of study at higher education (undergraduate) level.Carefully read through the Terms and conditions of the scholarship so as to Apply.
– These scholarships are open to applicants from any country.
– Applicants must demonstrate excellence in sporting achievement.
– Applicants must have accepted an offer of a place on a full-time taught programme at UCB and the chosen programme should be of at least one year’s duration and leading to an academic award at Higher Education level.
– Applicants must not previously have been enrolled on the programme concerned, previously been enrolled on a FdA programme at the University in the same subject area (if entering the final year of a first degree programme) or have previously received a scholarship from the University.
– The award of a Sporting Excellence Scholarship is subject to any necessary visa clearance by the UK immigration authorities.
– An offer of a Sporting Excellence Scholarship will be made to successful applicants and this offer may be used as evidence to the UK authorities of certain costs being met.
– However if a visa is not permitted the Scholarship will be withdrawn and there is no automatic reconsideration at any future point.
Eligible Groups: Citizens of ANY country
Host Institution: University College Birmingham, Birmingham, England
Fields of Study: Any full-time taught programme whose duration is at least for one year at UCB
Number of Awards: Up to 6 student sporting excellence awards are granted in each academic year
Sponsorship Duration: Applied to the whole duration of the course programme at UCB
Each scholarship is worth up to £1000 off the cost of tuition fees for each year of the programme.
Free access to Sports Therapy expertise and clinics and up to £500 over the duration of the programme towards the cost of travel for training/events
How To Apply:
You must have accepted an offer of a place on a full-time taught programme at UCB and the chosen programme should be of at least one year’s duration and leading to an academic award at Higher Education level. Apply to UCB here.
Although there are a limited number of scholarships in this category each year, applications can be considered for entry as soon as you have applied for a place on an undergraduate (FdA, FdSc, BA or BSc) programme at UCB. Applicants must complete the standard application form (PDF). Ensure that the category of scholarship applied for is clearly noted and provide full documentary evidence of sporting/arts excellence with the application.
Applications must be sent to:
For more information and to apply online, visit the official Scholarship Application Page.
Scholarship applications can be considered as soon as you have applied for a place on an undergraduate programme at UCB. Applications will be considered in strict turn and, as there is only a small number of these scholarships available, early applications are more likely to be successful.